2.01 - Can you check our schema work?

caprenter

Sep 9, 2014, 11:46:50 AM9/9/14
to iati-te...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

Following our announcement yesterday on iteration 3 of version 2.01 of the IATI Standard ( http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0e73fb60cf70bda74851aed09&id=f6dbb21c77 )

we would appreciate it if those of you who work directly with the schemas would take an extra close look at what we have done.

Essentially, we would really appreciate it if you could spare some time to check our work and make sure we've got it right!

In this iteration we have added ordering and per element occurs to the schema. This has involved a major change to the structure of the schema.

We've done this by replacing all instances of xsd:choice with xsd:sequence in the schema XSD files.

We've also removed all occurrences of mixed=true:

https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Schemas/issues/112#issuecomment-52643584

Part of the change has been to remove the ability to insert text into elements where a code in an attribute would do the job more precisely.

We have created a number of schema tests (extending or altering some of the existing tests for version 1.x of the schema) but realise that they may well not be comprehensive or complete. Documentation for these tests can be found in the tests directory. We are still working on them ourselves.

The schemas can be found on the version-2.01 branch of IATI-Schemas on GitHub:

https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Schemas/tree/version-2.01

Alternatively, they can also be downloaded from the 2.01 dev website:

http://dev.iatistandard.org/201/schema/

(Note that the version numbers in the XSD files have not yet been updated and still say 1.05)

Please report any issues directly on GitHub or via email to sup...@iatitstandard.org.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

David and Ben