organisation identifiers quality

Jaap-Andre de Hoop

Dec 23, 2014, 11:37:25 AM12/23/14
to iati-te...@googlegroups.com
Last week I imported all existing organisation names and identifiers
(reporting, participating, receiver and provider) to check the
organisation identifiers.
At first glance it looked promising:
I found 17987 different organisation (based on organisation name and
organisation identifier) of which 13224 had a organisation identifier
(73.5%)

But after checking if the organisation identifier is valid, the result
were a lot worse:
* Only 994 organisations with a valid organisation identifier
* 16993 organisations without a valid organisation identifier (94.5%)
See also http://www.data-assist.nl/?p=156

It would be nice to have better organisation identifiers. I hope to
deliver a service to get suggestions for organisation identifiers in
January.

Groets,

Jaap-Andre de Hoop

--