IASA Denver: Members Dinner Reminder - Tonight

Paul Rayner

Sep 21, 2009, 12:02:38 PM9/21/09
to iasa-...@googlegroups.com

Members Dinner - Tonight!

Join us tonight at 5:30pm at the Statera office (6501 E. Belleview Avenue, Suite 300, Englewood) for our September members dinner.  Click here to let us know you're coming (or email us at eve...@iasadenver.org).

yeqdut14.PngEvent Schedule

5:30pm Dinner and networking. Announcements.
6pm Workflow Systems: Myths, Truths and Wishful Thinking - Brandon Satrom
7:10pm Break and networking
7:20pm      Using Enterprise Integration Patterns As Your Camel Jockey - Bruce Snyder
8:30pm Beers at Baker Street Pub (first round on us!)

Workflow Systems: Myths, Truths and Wishful Thinking - Brandon Satrom

If workflow is simply about the coordination of work, why is it such a point of contention for most technologists? Do workflow systems really enable a Business Analysts to change a production process, or are they a waste of time and resources, not to mention a problem that a solid developer could solve with a hundred lines of code? The goal of this talk is to demystify the idea of "workflow," and to discuss what place, if any, a Workflow System might have in your problem domain. We'll discuss Workflow Systems by example with Microsoft's Workflow Foundation tools (3.x and 4.0) and explore popular, low-ceremony options for doing "workflow" (NServiceBus, MassTransit, etc.). We'll end the session with an open discussion on workflow tools and collaboratively craft some tactical recommendations on when and why to use workflow in your organization.

Using Enterprise Integration Patterns As Your Camel Jockey - Bruce Snyder

The revered Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP) book is indispensable for handling messaging-based integration. But utilizing these patterns in your own code can be tedious if you have to write the code from scratch every single time. Wouldn't it be nice if you had a simple API to make the use of these patterns easier? Enter Apache Camel, an integration framework that provides a straightforward path to implementing the EIP patterns. Using Camel's POJO-based approach and it's Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) for expressing message routes, the complexity of integrations is decreased dramatically.

This talk will explain the EIP patterns, walking through many example implementations using Apache Camel via both its Java DSL and its Spring DSL. So come take a Camel ride!

Speakers

About Brandon

Brandon.jpgBrandon Satrom is the Chief Architect for Thought Ascent, a Microsoft Certified Partner with offices in Colorado and Texas. Brandon has ten years of industry experience, splitting his time evenly between consulting/service organizations and internal IT shops. A Software and Enterprise Architect, Brandon has worked on projects of all shapes for companies large and small, most recently using technologies such as WCF, WF, ASP.NET MVC, BizTalk and SharePoint. Brandon has been an IASA Member and supporter for over two years and has recently taken the role of President with the IASA Austin chapter. He lives in Austin with his wife and son and blogs periodically at http://www.userinexperience.com.

About Bruce

bruce_ski_copper_2009.jpgBruce Snyder is a veteran of enterprise software development and a recognized leader in open source software. In his 15 years of professional experience, Bruce has worked with a wide range of technologies including Java EE, Enterprise Messaging, Service Oriented Integration and much more.

In addition to his role as a senior software engineer and consultant at SpringSource, Bruce is also an Apache Member, a co-founder of Apache Geronimo and a developer for Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Camel and Apache ServiceMix. He is the co-author of Professional Apache Geronimo, Beginning Spring Framework 2 and is currently co-authoring ActiveMQ In Action.

Bruce also serves as a member of various JCP expert groups and is an international speaker at industry conferences. Bruce lives in beautiful Boulder, Colorado with his family where he enjoys cycling, running and anything outdoors.

Founding Sponsors

SP logo.JPGSolution Partners is a boutique IT placement and IT consulting services firm located in Denver, CO and is focused on working with best IT talent along the Front Range. We have over 50 years combined experience in the IT placement industry and are truly focused on relationship building. Many firms preach customer service, we live it.

Solution Partners is proud to be a founding sponsor of IASA Denver Chapter, and we look forward to being a resource for all of its members.

ModisLogo_Small.pngModis, Inc. is one of the world’s largest and most respected providers of Information Technology services and solutions; with over 49 offices in the US and Canada.

We are excited for the opportunity to be a founding sponsor for the Denver Chapter of IASA. With over 200 Technical Consultants across the Front Range we see an opportunity to contribute to the organization as well as benefit from educational opportunities provided through the monthly member events.

Venue Sponsor

stateraLogo.gif

Pubications Sponsors

pearson_logo.giforeilly.gif