Understanding Iago metrics- is the content of parrot-server-stats.log per time bin or commulative?

31 visualizações
Ir para a primeira mensagem não lida

Julian Rendell

não lida,
22/01/2014, 18:55:5822/01/14
para iago-...@googlegroups.com
Hi-

I noticed that the content of parrot-server-stats.log was not monotonically increasing from entry-to-entry for custom stats I am collecting.

Which had me greatly confused when comparing to the stats summary shown in Ostrich.

I then realised, and confirmed for one stat, that the adding up each of the entries in parrot-server-stats.log added up to the same value as appeared in the Ostrich stats at the end of the test run, or the output of println(Stats.get()) that I added to the shutdown method of my load test.

I'd just like to confirm that this assumption is correct: the parrot-server-stats.log entries are for each time interval, for all stats, where as the Ostrich summary at the end is the final accumulation across the entire load test.

Thanks!

Julian

James Waldrop

não lida,
22/01/2014, 19:11:1022/01/14
para iago-...@googlegroups.com
correct. In general we care about the time intervals, not the aggregates, but YMMV.

--

---

Julian Rendell

não lida,
22/01/2014, 19:37:1822/01/14
para iago-...@googlegroups.com
Doh- hit the wrong "reply" - replying to the group this time-

Great!

I was just confused by seeing different values for the same thing, in different places. It makes sense now :)

At the very worst, I'll have to review the basic rules of statistics.

Cheers,

Julian
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor