Error while running the IAGO-0.6.14.jar file

namdev mhaske

Apr 14, 2014, 7:43:17 AM4/14/14
to iago-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are using the IAGO load generator tool for testing and i am new to the iago.
When we run the IAGO jar generated using maven build using command "D:\Maven_Project\iago-master\iago-master\target>java -jar iago-0.6.14.jar -f D:\Maven_Project\iago
aster\iago-master\config\launcher.scala"  we get the error "Error: Could not find or load main class src.main.resources.com.twitter.example.EchoLoadTest.java"
so please suggest what might be the problem while running the test.

Tom Howland

Apr 14, 2014, 1:01:11 PM4/14/14
to iago-...@googlegroups.com
You're running on windows. Iago has only been tested on linux & OSX. We believe that Iago *should* work on Windows, but it has never been observed. Recently we switched to the scrooge compiler which was the last known impediment to getting Iago to build on Windows.

Iago has three parts, the launcher, server, and feeder. The launcher runs a shell script that starts the server and feeder. That could only work on windows if you were running in cygwin or something.

There's two things puzzling about your error message: EchoLoadTest is not a "main" class, and it should have been found. I suspect the paths in the metafile of the jar are relative and you were not launching iago from a place where these relative paths make sense.

Once you get that sorted, you'll notice that Iago generates a couple of scripts for running the server and feeder. You should translate those scripts to DOS and you should be good to go.

Good luck -- we would love to announce to the world that Iago worked on Windows.

Patches welcome! It would be awesome to modify the launcher to generate DOS flavored scripts when appropriate.

--

---

namdev mhaske

Apr 24, 2014, 4:27:32 AM4/24/14
to iago-...@googlegroups.com
We have git clone the iago / examples / echo from iago website and then build the example pom.xml from maven using command "-DskipTest install" .But when we run the "-DskipTest install" we are getting

Plugin com.twitter:maven-finagle-thrift-plugin:0.0.13 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.twitter:maven-finagle-thrift-plugin:jar:0.0.13: Could not transfer artifact com.twitter:maven-finagle-thrift-plugin:pom:0.0.13 from/to artifactory (http://artifactory.local.twitter.com/repo): Error transferring file: artifactory.local.twitter.com: Unknown host artifactory.local.twitter.com -> [Help 1]

so please provide your suggestion on the above issue.

James Waldrop

Apr 24, 2014, 11:56:42 AM4/24/14
to iago-...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a pom reference to our internal artifactory instance leaked out. However, I cannot repro -- when I look at the pom online, I don't see any artifactory.local.twitter.com references in it. Do you have a reference to this host in your pom.xml? If so, can you give us the output of:

git branch -vvv

and

git show

Tom Howland

Apr 24, 2014, 10:17:44 PM4/24/14
to iago-...@googlegroups.com
I looked at this. I can't duplicate your bug, but hit others. The problem is that when Iago was ported to scala 2.10, the echo example was never ported. You have two alternatives:
  1. get echo working with 2.10 -- this would involve a major rewrite of examples/echo/pom.xml. The world will thank you. Or
  2. use an older release of Iago that uses scala 2.9.2
The last known good release of Iago for 2.9.2 was

commit 415c7970cce6e3f5569cd2ee8f46d3c91308bf90
Author: Tom Howland <thow...@twitter.com>
Date:   Sat Feb 8 15:06:55 2014 -0800

    removed scrooge snapshot dependency

I proved it to myself with

git clean -fxd
git checkout 415c7970cce6e3f5569cd2ee8f46d3c91308bf90
mvn -DskipTests install && cd examples/echo && mvn package