8mm Film Projector

David Henry

Apr 29, 2015, 6:19:34 PM4/29/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have an 8mm film projector they'd be willing to loan out?  My in-laws have some footage of what should be their wedding.  It's in a box of film reals with who knows what.  They'd like to be able to view it to identify what it is they want to convert and preserve.  They'd rather not pay Costco to convert a bunch of junk.

They hope to have wedding footage viewable for their 50th anniversary party in May.

David

John Sugg

Apr 29, 2015, 11:25:21 PM4/29/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I have a super 8 and a 16mm projector. I don't have the older 8mm. If they find any super 8 films they can use my projector.

John Sugg

Garry Stahl

Apr 30, 2015, 8:29:42 AM4/30/15

On 04/29/2015 11:25 PM, John Sugg wrote:
> I have a super 8 and a 16mm projector. I don't have the older 8mm. If
> they find any super 8 films they can use my projector.
They might still be able to. If I recall the difference between 8 and
super eight was no sprocket holes on one side. So a super 8 should run
the older 8.

--
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org

Roger S

Apr 30, 2015, 9:42:51 AM4/30/15
to i3Detroit
The perfs don't look compatible: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_film

David Henry

Apr 30, 2015, 10:48:55 AM4/30/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I have them checking to see which orientation the "holes" have and if it's 8mm or "Super 8".

David Henry

Apr 30, 2015, 11:07:18 AM4/30/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Based on the analysis using the side by side photos, it's most likely that this is standard 8mm film.

Greg Smith

Garry Stahl

Apr 30, 2015, 12:11:51 PM4/30/15

On 04/30/2015 09:42 AM, Roger S wrote:
> The perfs don't look compatible: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_film

A beautiful theory killed by a lousy little fact.