Announcing: Costuming & Cosplay Classes

Jennifer Nagle

Sep 8, 2017, 11:44:12 PM9/8/17
to i3De...@googlegroups.com, i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Good evening!

There has been a request for classes about how to get into Cosplay and how to be a better cosplay and costumer creator. So, Jan and I have talked it over and come up with a series of Cosplay classes that will be **open to the public!**

Without further ado...

Costuming With Class
Inline image 1
Jen Nagle, professional costumer, discusses ​what your wardrobe says about your character - or you! With a few simple tricks and a basic exercise, learn how to flesh out a character​,​ or reinvent yourself. Not only do ​we help you figure out what to wear, ​we'll share advice on how to assemble a costume at a great price.

Max class size: 15
When: Friday, September 15 @ 7 PM
Where: i3Detroit classroom
Price: Suggested Donation $5 for the Sewing & Craft Area

Cosplay for Newbs
Inline image 2
Have an idea for a costume or cosplay but aren't sure how to get started? Professional costumer Jen Nagle will discuss taking both animated and live action concepts and help bring them to life without breaking the bank.

Max class size: 15
When: Friday, September 22 @ 7 PM
Where: i3Detroit classroom
Price: Suggested Donation $5 for the Sewing & Craft Area

Altering Patterns & More for Cosplay
Inline image 3
What do you do when your idea requires a garment or prop that doesn't exist in real life? Can't find a pattern for it? Professional costumers Jan Henry & Jen Nagle will demonstrate what it takes to adapt almost any type of pattern to your cosplay needs -- or even make one.

Max class size: 15
When: Friday, September 29 @ 7 PM
Where: i3Detroit classroom
Price: Suggested Donation $10 for the Sewing & Craft Area

Space is limited!

--
History is who we are and why we are the way we are. --David McCullough