Fwd: Code Michigan Connect

Jeff Sturges

May 18, 2015, 6:22:57 PM5/18/15
FYI...

Jeff Sturges
Founder, Mt Elliott Makerspace
Director's Fellow, MIT Media Lab

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cliff <csamu...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM
Subject: Code Michigan Connect
To: digital...@googlegroups.com

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/code-michigan-connect-tickets-16789722512?fb_action_ids=10153051563558692&fb_action_types=og.shares

Connect with Michigan's Open Data community through presentations, videos,  interviews and networking.

Code Michigan Connect brings you together with citizen technologists, entrepreneurs and government officials to initiate a conversation about Open Data in government. Join us to kick-off the “National Day of Civic Hacking” weekend in Michigan.  “The goal of National Day of Civic Hacking is for residents, community groups, and government to collaborate to make their communities stronger.”  You will find us in the Forum Auditorium at the Michigan Historical Center on Friday June 5, 2015.

Speakers

  • Mike Evans

    Senior Developer/Founder, Loveland Technologies LLC/PishPosh TV LLC

  • Zak Tomich, Dir of Enterprise Information Management Project @ State of Michigan
  • Derek Dobies, Vice Mayor of the City of Jackson
  • Scott TenBrink, Project Manager, School of Information, University of Michigan.
  • Edward Vielmetti - Founder, Ann Arbor Telegraph

and more

 What's Your Open Data Story?

Have you got a good story to tell about Open Data? If you do then please register as one of our alternate speakers.  Once you sign up we will contact you via email with more information.

Speaker Options:

  1. Put on your own show by doing a talk, slide show, or moderate a video that really speaks to Open Data and/or civic hacking.

  2. Get your ideas out in the form of a live interview. Let our seasoned host guide you safely through a one-on-one interview about your thoughts, dreams and successes with Open Data and civic hacking.

You are not guaranteed a slot in the event but if one of the speakers drops out you could get a chance to tell your story to Michigan’s Open Data community.

Show Off Your Latest Civic Hack

 If you have a five minute, or less, video of your latest civic hack please submit a link and Code Michigan Connect may play your video during the event.  Take a chance, you never know what might happen.  Are you feeling lucky?

Agenda

Friday June 5th

Speakers 10:00 - 11:00 am
Break                        11:00 - 11:20 am
Speakers                  11:20 - 11:40 am

Panel with Q & A  11:40 - 12:20 pm
Close out   12:20 pm

--

---