Fwd: Potential TV show

Matt Oehrlein

Nov 16, 2015, 2:56:32 PM11/16/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
More chances to be on TV!

Let me know if ya'll have strong feelings towards whether or not these TV show requests are generally appreciated, or just feel spammy. Ideally off-list because I rarely check it anymore.

Matt
Nov 16, 2015, 3:05:58 PM11/16/15
to i3Detroit
Ha ha, sounds diabolical.

seedrick

Nov 17, 2015, 9:59:52 AM11/17/15
to i3 Detroit Public
I love obstacle courses, both designing and running them. Sounds insane!

Nathaniel Bezanson

Nov 17, 2015, 10:30:15 AM11/17/15
to i3 Detroit Public
If we posted all the casting calls that came in to contact@, we'd have to rename the group i3detroit-screentest. In general I think of them as spammy because they're not local in nature, and that seems to be the prevailing perception among *kerspaces: http://lists.hackerspaces.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-October/010011.html

Also it's been my observation that folks who've been through the reality-TV grinder don't have a lot of nice things to say about the experience, so I'm not anxious to use our resources to further someone else's commercial interests which are not aligned with the interests of our members. I'd love to be convinced otherwise, but the folks doing the convincing would need a pretty strong track-record. Thoughts?

-Nate B-

tombulletsafe

Dec 20, 2015, 1:32:17 PM12/20/15
to i3 Detroit Public
Hi Nate,

I've done some reality TV and other shows and I enjoy the process.  One such program got me a book deal and then my book became a best seller!  Then I wrote two more books and they became best sellers.  It was a great experience.

If you want to forward any opportunities my way, I'd love to see them.  I'm a member and I have a lot of fun projects going on.  So, please don't just throw all of the inquiries away.

I think that other people besides myself would probably like to see them as well.

chevymac

Dec 20, 2015, 2:38:13 PM12/20/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I also enjoyed my time with History Channel but I can also understand not flooding the list with such chatted.  Maybe they can be directed to either their own last, maybe all job opportunities collectively, or give them a spot on the Google group/wiki.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device