Welding zone clean out notification

Jody Raiford

Sep 19, 2017, 10:23:04 PM9/19/17
to i3detroit...@googlegroups.com, i3detroi...@googlegroups.com, i3de...@googlegroups.com
Hello, and attention!

If you have any material in the welding zone, you have until Saturday at noon to make sure it's marked with your name and contact info.  Any material not so marked will be considered shop scrap and processed according to its usefulness.

This is the culmination of the announcement from a couple months ago.

I will make a good faith effort to contact people with partially marked material.

If you know somebody who might have material in the zone, please poke them (forward this message in whatever medium they actually follow).

Given the inevitable outrage that follows any move such as this, please note the following: I will store any material that is to be trashed for one month to give folks a chance to claim their treasured work of art that, to the untrained eye, might have been mistaken for unloved garbage.  I will make a final announcement to this effect at next month's member meeting, prior to final disposal.

If you wish to discuss this, or you have any questions, come to the Welding Slack channel, or email me OFF-LIST (privately, replying only to me and not reply-all), or even call/text me (I don't answer calls from unknown numbers, so leave a message or just text).

Following this cleanup, we'll have a sheet goods rack in the zone to catch all the random bits of steel and aluminium sheet we've been accumulating. This multi-hundred dollar rack is possible because of all the generous donations to the weld zone box in the past months.
Thanks everybody who donated money or time!

Good evening all,
Jody Raiford
Weld Zone Coordinator