Full Spectrum Laser Changes

Andrew Meyer

Apr 19, 2015, 7:29:47 PM4/19/15
to i3detroit-public
Hello all,

Just a quick note about a process change made today with the Full Spectrum laser engraver.

Formerly, we used a small (noisy!) air compressor for the air-assist system. This was not only inadequate for the task (so much flare-up during cuts), but with the newly-removed cabinetry in the classroom nee kitchen, it resonated the entire classroom area.

As such, and in light of the very shiny new shop compressor, I plumbed the laser engraver into the shop air supply.

This has one major effect to users of the laser engraver:

*PLEASE* ensure that the air-assist is working when you power on the system! Just wave aq hand under the nozzle just like you do with the Weikes.

If it is not, please walk back to the air compressor, press the green button if it is off, and verify that the two valves in the air path (the black one behind the machine and the blue one next to the sander) are open (handle in line with the plumbing).

--
Andrew G. Meyer
agm...@gmail.com

Brandon Biller

Apr 20, 2015, 2:11:47 PM4/20/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update.  I have an update too!

I received the necessary electronic components from DigiKey - they're currently sitting on the table at my house.  I plan to come and solder everything together as soon as I get a good chunk of time to do so... I haven't been to i3 in like over a week and I think I'm starting to go through withdrawals... :(