Bio Hacking

Brian amburn

Dec 13, 2016, 5:04:52 PM12/13/16
to i3 Detroit Public
Hi all,

I want to start a Bio hacking community in Michigan as it seems there is none.  There are quite a few projects I'd like to do, but that's a discussion for later.  I am coming here to ask if there's anyone interested in setting up some Biohacker area at i3?  I would greatly appreciate any comments or ideas.

Thanks,
Brian

Roger S

Dec 13, 2016, 7:42:48 PM12/13/16
to i3Detroit
Hi Brian, are you a member of i3?

Jamie Burdeski

Forrest Flanagan

Brian amburn

Brian amburn

Dec 15, 2016, 4:15:08 PM12/15/16
to i3 Detroit Public
Well personally I'm very interested in genetics and would like to do some genetic projects.  One such project is simply making E.coli glow.  This requires some rather basic materials such as micropipettes and some lab glassware, however I would like to do more projects and this would require more and more equipment.  The equipment and materials themselves might not use much room, but if one wanted a nice lab space then just an area to work could take up some room.  Just starting an interest group would be fine, I suppose, but I am not currently a part of i3 and I'm not sure I'll join if there's no biolab equipment/area (I would be willing to help get the equipment and stuff).

Brian amburn