Bulk Order For Pixie Location Tracking Tags?

Matt Arnold

Aug 21, 2015, 10:53:42 AM8/21/15
to i3 Detroit Public
Who wants to go in on a pre-order for Pixies? https://www.getpixie.com/

These are slimmer, longer-lasting, and more accurate than the earlier competitor, Tile. They offer a feature in which you can set up an alert for when your Pixies lose track of each other, such as when you leave something behind.

It's scheduled to ship at the end of the summer. So, that's really soon, and does not give us much time to get the pre-order sale price. If we pre-order 12, they are $15 each.

-Matt A

Jamie Burdeski

Aug 21, 2015, 10:59:58 AM8/21/15
to i3 Detroit Public
Ok, I will jump onto this "Internet of things" thing. I'll go in for 2

I may even experiment with putting one on my dog... alert when she jumps the fence? that could be useful!

James

Aug 21, 2015, 8:37:22 PM8/21/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
This stuff looks good. Indoor location would be fun.

Sign me up for three pixies.

James O'Dell

Leora Druckman

Aug 22, 2015, 10:20:03 AM8/22/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'll take three pixies as well.

Thanks

Leora

Sent from my iPhone

Jody Raiford

Aug 27, 2015, 7:16:45 AM8/27/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com

Too late to get in on this? If not, I'll take a couple.

Matt Arnold

Aug 28, 2015, 8:34:19 AM8/28/15
to i3 Detroit Public
Jody, yes and no. On the one hand, your order now brings the total to 26 Pixies, and I ordered 24. My credit card cannot currently sustain another dozen.

On the other hand, I put out the call not just here, but also on my Facebook friends list, and some of the orders were from people whose reliability is flaky. I do not think all the money will materialize.

How about this? When they arrive, I'll ask people to pay within one week, and you can have two from the ones who don't pay. Does that sound OK?

-Matt A

On Aug 22, 2015 10:20 AM, "'Leora Druckman' via i3 Detroit Public" <> wrote:
Hi

I'll take three pixies as well.

Thanks

Leora

Sent from my iPhone

Jody Raiford

Aug 31, 2015, 11:28:45 PM8/31/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds perfect. Thanks!

Alan Evans

Aug 31, 2015, 11:40:55 PM8/31/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
So in some High School or early college class I was part of a team that was supposed to invent a hypothetical device and market it.  We used some sort of business simulation software and the teams were pitted against one another.  I kid you not our product 'Finders keep-it' or something like that (a play on "finders keepers") worked by having a device hidden in the closet that triangulated the locations of tags stuck to objects.

I wonder if anyone else on my team remembers and is now kicking themselves...

-Alan

Matt Arnold

Dec 24, 2016, 11:42:17 AM12/24/16
to i3 Detroit Public, Jamie Burdeski, Leora Druckman, Jody, James O'Dell
Jamie, Leora, James, Jody,

I just received a notification from Pixie that they will reimburse me, and everyone else who pre-ordered the Android version. Before they release it for Android, they still have a lot of work to do on the poorly-functioning iPhone version they shipped a year ago. Sorry it didn't work out.

-Matt A
Sounds perfect. Thanks!