Anyone looking for a 30W cutting laser?

Jeffrey Haas

Oct 7, 2015, 4:12:53 PM10/7/15
to i3 Detroit Public
Sorry for the for-sale'ish nature of the post, but I suspect that at the very least someone on here can give a pointer to a Maker appropriate forum that might be interested in this geeky appliance.

Full spectrum laser, H series 2nd generation desktop laser cutter, CO2. Bought 2013 for $3500, would take $750 for it. It is 30 watts, cuts and engraves acrylic, felt, paper, thin wood. Cutting area is 8x12.

fslaser.com is the website.

Really trying to find a local buyer since it's... not exactly small. :-) (We're in the Ypsilanti area.)

-- Jeff

Alan Evans

Oct 7, 2015, 4:30:40 PM10/7/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com

I see you prefer local but would you be willing to ship at buyers expense?  Do you happen to have original packing?  (I know someone local who might be willing to pickup and ship for me, original packing would be best.)

What all does it include?
Air assist?
Aquarium pump?
Any idea of how many hours on the laser tube?

I am having trouble finding specs on the 2nd gen.  I've used 3rd or 4th.  Any hint on the manual location?

Thanks,
-Alan

Jeffrey Haas

Oct 7, 2015, 4:39:09 PM10/7/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

On Oct 7, 2015, at 4:30 PM, Alan Evans <alanw...@gmail.com> wrote:

I see you prefer local but would you be willing to ship at buyers expense?

We'd consider it.  The biggest concerns are proper insurance (it's not a small package and therefore the shipping will be expensive) and the fact that a full laser realignment *will* be required at the far end.

Do you happen to have original packing?  (I know someone local who might be willing to pickup and ship for me, original packing would be best.)

We think so, but will need to dig.

What all does it include?
Air assist?
Aquarium pump?
Any idea of how many hours on the laser tube?

"It has an air compressor and a water cooler but it's rudimentary aquarium pump cooling yes
They'd just need software and I'd provide all the codes for downloads
The laser tube is still performing normally and probably has about 100 hours on it but I usually run it below 20 watts to preserve the tube"

I am having trouble finding specs on the 2nd gen.  I've used 3rd or 4th.  Any hint on the manual location?

I'll see about sending it along.

-- Jeff

David McMillan

Oct 7, 2015, 5:48:53 PM10/7/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com

    First, I have to note the humor in someone named "Hass" trying to sell me a laser (I'm more of a Trumpf man myself):  http://www.haaslti.com/   :)

    Second, what are the dimensions on this device, and how delicate is it?  I've got a pickup truck, but if a 2-hr road trip in the back is going to rattle it out of alignment....

Jeffrey Haas

Oct 7, 2015, 6:35:10 PM10/7/15

On Oct 7, 2015, at 5:48 PM, David McMillan <skye...@skyefire.org> wrote:

    First, I have to note the humor in someone named "Hass" trying to sell me a laser (I'm more of a Trumpf man myself):  http://www.haaslti.com/   :)

Never mind the jazz musician I'm usually confused with.

    Second, what are the dimensions on this device, and how delicate is it?  I've got a pickup truck, but if a 2-hr road trip in the back is going to rattle it out of alignment....

Form factor is roughly 2x3 feet. You should plan on a realignment when it's moved no matter what. Cushioning will mitigate some of it.

We shall not speak of the alignment job it needed after initial shipment. Freight hailers are not overly careful with their stuff.

-- Jeff

Jeffrey Haas

Oct 8, 2015, 9:02:52 AM10/8/15
On Oct 7, 2015, at 4:39 PM, Jeffrey Haas <malleus...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am having trouble finding specs on the 2nd gen.  I've used 3rd or 4th.  Any hint on the manual location?

I'll see about sending it along.

Jeffrey Haas

Oct 9, 2015, 2:24:39 PM10/9/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
The laser has sold.  Thanks for all of the interest.

-- Jeff