Revitalization of Power Racing Series @ i3

Joseph Baumann

Aug 7, 2017, 12:12:04 PM8/7/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com, Jake Gedrimas, Terry Wynn, David Henry
Hey Everyone,

This is my friend Jacob (responsible for hanging the retractable power reel above the CNC) and he is super duper interested in revitalizing the Power Wheels Racing Series at i3, in addition to sailing and taking several dozen selfies a day.

He brings to the table a sexy barbie corvette and a college certification on how das pixies chooch.

If you're interested in these adventures, pm him.

Cheers,

Joseph W. Baumann
jakov.jpg
jakov2.jpg

Pete Prodoehl

Aug 7, 2017, 12:45:06 PM8/7/17
to i3 Detroit Public, jgg...@gmail.com, sp...@thewynngroup.net, David...@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing a new entry from i3 at Maker Faire Detroit next year. ;)

Pete

Roger S

Aug 7, 2017, 12:52:16 PM8/7/17
to i3Detroit
Pixies chooch?

Joseph Baumann

Aug 7, 2017, 1:34:43 PM8/7/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
'Pixies chooch' - the study of how electrons flow.

Cheers,

Joseph W. Baumann

Michael Williams

Aug 7, 2017, 2:26:13 PM8/7/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like someone has been watching AvE

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Roger S <surfer...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Mike Williams

Jake Gedrimas

Aug 7, 2017, 3:35:03 PM8/7/17
to i3 Detroit Public
The Car will be at the space tuesday around 7 for head scratching

Preview attachment image1.JPG
image1.JPG
36 KB
Preview attachment image2.JPG
image2.JPG
41 KB

The car is just under the max size for the rules and just about double the width of the jeep.

Inline image 1
Joe's lying. The pixes escape me. I mostly just need someone to wire a motor controller and battery pack together in a rule compliant way.  I could probably figure it out but there are better people for this.
I am volunteering to do all the things that make this a car. I work in Vdyn now and this will be a simple weekend project for me.

I am not a creative type so a theme ex.(The globo gym DODGE Viper "if you can dodge traffic you can dodge a ball") I3 car      ((see im not good at names))
    So I could use some help with moxie points.

I can be best reached on fbook.
Jacob Gedrimas

Jan Henry

Aug 7, 2017, 3:43:46 PM8/7/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Can more than one vehicle be entered from the same space? This is great but I'd also like to see more cars. I'd think we have enough creativity and interest in learning here that we could have more than one car, more than one team.

Roger S

Aug 7, 2017, 7:34:38 PM8/7/17
to i3Detroit
I think we had three at one time

Jake Gedrimas

Aug 8, 2017, 8:55:25 AM8/8/17
to i3 Detroit Public
These things cost money and require some dedicated folks also take up a large amount of storage.

You already have one im told has historic immunity. But im also told its too dangerous to be allowed to race.

We can make more but lets start with making one

Jan Henry

Aug 8, 2017, 12:49:43 PM8/8/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
All good! Share the enthusiasm! Getting others involved and learning is how we'll have strong, multiple teams in the future. :-)

Pete Prodoehl

Aug 9, 2017, 2:48:11 PM8/9/17
to i3 Detroit Public

Hi, I'm from Milwaukee Makerspace, we had 4 cars this year. If we have too many cars (more than 3) we just register as two different teams to get more of our people in the Faire, and get two pits if possible, since you can't really fit more than 3 cars in one pit very easily.

And, oh yeah, we have a race in Milwaukee Sept 23 & 24, 2017. :)

There's a Google Group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/power-racing-series

And a Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/powerwheelsracersforadults/

If you have questions, need help or advice or anything else.

Pete

On Aug 7, 2017 3:35 PM, "Jake Gedrimas" <jgg...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jake Gedrimas

Aug 9, 2017, 4:48:13 PM8/9/17
to i3 Detroit Public
Some comparison photos
Inline image 1 Inline image 2

Not quite as wide as I pictured with my figuring.

Pete
Thanks for the tips

Are there any rules that are understood/enforced but not in the written document?
Any idea what the minimum turn radius is used in the courses? I looked like 2 foot which favors a dangerously small car.
What is a typical weight for one of these if you want to be competitive. I'd like to build build a frame you can one hand but if its gonna be 70lbs under the next best car I'd just as soon build a tank noone can break.

-Jake