Fwd: Maker Stuff in Shenzhen!

Jeff Sturges

May 11, 2015, 1:51:48 PM5/11/15
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hey i3 folks,

Anyone interested in this?  If so, pls contact Bjorn directly.  Pls feel free to share.

Jeff Sturges
Founder, Mt Elliott Makerspace
Director's Fellow, MIT Media Lab

- - - - -

Hi Jeff,

I recently came across a project people in your network may be interested in. Two Berkeley students, Dan and Yipu, are organizing a maker conference in Shenzhen, and are looking for IOT/robotics teams to present. They have budget to cover airfare and accommodations, details from Dan below. Feel free to forward! Also just an FYI I'm sending this to Mitch Altman as well, so he may broadcast to his networks.

Best,
Bjorn

----

The event will have ~25 makers and hackers
from China, Japan, and US presenting their projects in a public
expo, which is expected to have ~15,000 attendees. The first day will
be keynote speeches followed by a public display of all the projects
the attending teams are working on. These will be things involving
drones, VR, EEG systems, etc. The second day has talks focused on
education, creativity, and the role China will play in the future of
innovation, followed by a networking event for attending teams,
manufacturers, and whoever else wants to participate (this part won't
be open to general public). The last two days feature tours of
Shenzhen companies for the visiting teams.

Our informational website is here, which has our list of speakers:

We have a strong set of teams based around virtual reality, EEG systems
and artistry/making. We currently have a small contingent for robotics and
internet of things, and we're looking to fill a couple last spots there.

We're able to provide full accommodations and plane tickets for teams with
very cool (accessible + interesting) demos in these areas, and we're open to
having a team from another are not mentioned above.

Contact email: dda...@berkeley.edu

--
Bjorn Cooley
Mobile: (+1) 541-231-2986