Steel flowers

Jeff Lockhart

Dec 20, 2017, 12:59:48 PM12/20/17
to i3 Detroit Public
I make flowers from railway scrap. Cut, prep, & weld in less than an hour. Could be presented as a demo, one to one tutor build, or even a small class.

I can supply all scrap metal and instruction, including safety, and weld coaching.

Any members interested in sponsoring this? I'm a wanna be member (hint hint).

Jennifer Nagle

Dec 20, 2017, 1:11:30 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
This is a wonderful idea! I'm in charge of classes and whatnot, so I can help get it set up.

How far are you along the Membership process?

History is who we are and why we are the way we are. --David McCullough

Jeff Lockhart

Dec 20, 2017, 2:58:48 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I attended the Fri night tour at the beginning of Dec. I've read & reread the wiki (to join), that's as far as I've gotten. I'm assuming that I'd need an invitation to be in the shop any other time than a Fri tour? I'd love to meet you (and Jody), to discuss how I might be of help to the i3 community.

I work 2nd shift, so I could visit any time between 1am - 3pm. Thanks for connecting!
Here are the flowers.
IMG_20170808_193049_375.jpg

Jon Williams

Dec 20, 2017, 3:12:54 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
These sound really cool Jeff, definitely would be interested in taking you up on that. Would be more than happy to sponsor you for this but, if you're close to becoming a member, you probably won't need me to.

Jeff Lockhart

Dec 20, 2017, 4:23:58 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I haven't started the membership process. I have free time mornings, or after midnight, If you're available.

Jan Henry

Dec 20, 2017, 7:07:08 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,
There's an upcoming open house demo day in January, the 27th. Looks like something interesting to do as a demo or make n take that day! If you're interested and able, submit the idea to James O'Dell who is organizing it, and to Jen Nagle, the VP of classes.

Jeff Lockhart

Dec 20, 2017, 7:17:57 PM12/20/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll get right on it!