Java 9 Hackday on Saturday

Matt Schuetze

Mar 24, 2017, 1:53:02 AM3/24/17
to i3 Detroit Public
Hello i3 and friends! First time poster.

This is a heads up to state that the Detroit Java User Group will be at the i3 workshop on Saturday, March 25 for our first ever Hack Day. Our focus will be putting the early access Java 9 builds and specifications through their paces. We are expecting a small group (<10) so invite anyone who wants to sit in to please stop by the classroom. This is our first ever attempt at a hackathon, so it should be interesting, if not also chaotic.

If you do attend, bring a laptop and some Java code to play with. We'll be using these resources:
  https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=379  The Java 9 Umbrella Spec
  https://jdk9.java.net/download/  Oracle Java 9 early access JDKs
  http://zulu.org/zulu-9-pre-release-downloads/ Azul Zulu 9 early access JDKs

Thanks much.

Matt Schuetze
Lead Organizer
Detroit Java User Group

Drew

Mar 24, 2017, 2:25:43 PM3/24/17
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Do you guys do J2ME? Do you plan any additional meetings?

Matt Schuetze

Mar 26, 2017, 9:21:58 PM3/26/17
to i3 Detroit Public
Hello Drew. We decided after this session to have another hackday devoted to home automation, often using micro boards as device brains. We know Jason and BeagleBone guys meet at i3 so we hope to do some kind of joint Java+BB session. If you are interested in scoping the session, then email me direct at mpschuetze--at--sbcglobal.net.