A new i2b2 Github

Murphy, Shawn N.

Jan 11, 2016, 12:07:01 PM1/11/16
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com

Dear i2b2-install-help group members,

We are pleased to announce we have moved all of the i2b2 source code into repositories on GitHub. These repositories contain the latest version of the i2b2 Software. You can choose to download a zip file or simply fork the repository into your own environment. In addition to the i2b2 Software repositories, we have setup an environment that contains repositories for the i2b2 plugins. We have created repositories for several community plugins as well as several standard i2b2 plugins. More are on the way.  We look forward to adding repositories for plugins you wish to share with the i2b2 Community. You can access repositories for both the i2b2 Software and Community Plugins by going to the i2b2 Github page at the following address: http://i2b2.github.io/

You will find that the worked-on version has a number of new enhancements to the i2b2 Web Client.  This is the pre-release "1.7.07 Release Candidate" at http://github.com/i2b2  It has a new plugin installer that enables site administrators to easily find and install available Web Client Plugins into their Web Client. Sites also have the option of allowing Web Client users to see a listing of plugins available for installation but they will not be able to install them. Only an administrator can install a plugin. This new feature takes advantage of having community plugins available from one central location.

A few other enhancements that are available in version 1.7.07:

* Plugin List: A new drop down menu has been added to the Analysis Tools link. Clicking on the down arrow will display a list of plugins that are installed. Selecting the plugin will open that plugin in the Plugin Viewer.  A link from there is also available to show plugins available from i2b2 Github.

* Query Report: A new report has been added to the Query Tool. This report contains the query definition, the results of the query breakdowns as well as graphs displaying these results. This report is available for printing.

* Query Status window can now be expanded to view more information.

* Date constraints can now be seen in the panels and set by query item.

Other useful links:

http://i2b2.github.io/  This one brings you to a new page I created that shows all the repositories (i2b2 and Plugins)

https://github.com/i2b2  This one brings you directly to the i2b2 Repositories.

https://github.com/i2b2plugins This one brings you directly to the Community Plugin Repositories