HyperDex integration with full-text search engine

Joyce Tick

Jan 10, 2016, 7:43:37 AM1/10/16
to hyperdex-discuss
Hi!
I'm new to HyperDex, so far I was able to index many gigs of data and it works really nice.
Thing is, I need to do substring queries on my data, so I thought about combining it with a full-text search engine.

Are there any best practices for integrating HyperDex with SOLR, Sphinx or ElasticSearch?
The solution will need to be able to sync data between the two engines, say I update a record in HyperDex it will have to be updated in the search engine as well.

Also,I heard HyperDex can be used as a "datastore" for a search engine. What does it mean? Can I have the search engine somehow integrate with HyperDex's storage or do I have to replicate everything?
Because if there's no way to do that, it means that I need twice as RAM and twice the disk space (inserts storage to both HyperDex and ElasticSearch, and index storage for both as well).

Thanks!
-Joyce