Installing Golang bindings

John Joske

Feb 24, 2015, 3:44:50 PM2/24/15
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone had any luck installing the Go bindings for Hyperdex 1.6, installed on Unbuntu using the precompiled binaries I get the following error when trying to install them:

Package hyperdex-client was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `hyperdex-client.pc'

Robert Escriva

Feb 24, 2015, 7:49:58 PM2/24/15
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Can you try installing the "libhyperdex-client-dev" package and try
again? When using a source install, these files are available
automatically, but are not generally useful to people using HyperDex
from scripting languages.

-Robert

John Joske

Feb 24, 2015, 9:12:56 PM2/24/15
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it has got further but I get a different error now.

Install via

and I get the following error:
39: error: 'hyperdex_client_cond_put_or_create' undeclared (first use in this function)

Robert Escriva

Feb 25, 2015, 1:21:38 PM2/25/15
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 06:12:56PM -0800, John Joske wrote:
> Thanks, it has got further but I get a different error now.
>
> Install via
> go get github.com/rescrv/HyperDex/bindings/go/client
>
> and I get the following error:
> 39: error: 'hyperdex_client_cond_put_or_create' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

Hi John,

The "go get" command always pulls from master, and the
hyperdex_client_cond_put_or_create call was added after the 1.6.0
release.

Try forcing the repo to use the 1.6.0 go bindings. Here's how I'd do it
(the specifics may vary from system to system):

cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/rescrv/HyperDex
git checkout releases/1.6.0

-Robert

John Joske

Feb 25, 2015, 5:45:16 PM2/25/15
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robert, that worked.

It seems that installing libhyperdex-client-dev is incompatible with the python client.

Robert Escriva

Jun 15, 2015, 12:43:13 PM6/15/15
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I was able to build the go "hello world" example from our documentation
here: http://hyperdex.org/doc/latest/GoClientAPI/#chap:api:go-client

On Ubuntu 14.04 I was able to have both libhyperdex-client-dev and
python-hyperdex-client installed simultaneously. Please do let me know
if this does not work for you.

-Robert