HyperDex 1.0.rc5 Release Announcement

Robert Escriva

Nov 19, 2013, 9:14:51 AM11/19/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
We are proud to announce HyperDex 1.0.rc5. The highlights of this new
release are:

- Improved cluster management. The cluster will automatically grow as
new nodes are added to the cluster.

- Backup support. Take backups of the coordinator and daemons in a
consistent state and be able to restore the cluster to the point when
the backup was taken.

- An admin library which exposes performance counters for tracking
cluster-wide statistics relating to HyperDex

- Support for HyperLevelDB. This is the first HyperDex release to use
HyperLevelDB, which brings higher performance than Google's LevelDB.

- Secondary indices. Secondary indices improve the speed of search
without the overhead of creating a subspace for the indexed
attributes.

- New atomic operations. Most key-based operations now have
conditional atomic equivalents.

- Improved coordinator stability. This release introduces an improved
coordinator that fixes a few stability problems reported by users.

Binary packages for Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04-13.10, Fedora 18-19, and
CentOS 6 are available on our Download page[1], as well as source
tarballs for other Linux platforms.

Thanks,
The HyperDex team

Robert Escriva

Nov 19, 2013, 3:21:18 PM11/19/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
To follow up, I'd like to lay out our plans for the next release, which
we hope will be 1.0.

Our next release will build upon today's release by improving the
documentation and non-native language bindings. We expect to keep the
core client libraries, daemon, and coordinator relatively stable in the
run up to the next release.

We're asking the community to help us test this release and proofread
the documentation to make the 1.0 release a success. We'll be
continuously updating the documentation on the homepage in response to
community questions and feedback.

Happy Hacking,
Robert