HyperDex 1.0.rc1 Release Announcement

Robert Escriva

Jan 16, 2013, 8:49:26 AM1/16/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
We are proud to announce HyperDex 1.0.rc1, a novel NoSQL store that
provides ground-breaking high performance, strong consistency and fault
tolerance guarantees not found in other open source NoSQL stores. The
highlights of this new release are:

- A new storage backend, based on LevelDB, to improve disk utilization
and performance.

- A new fault-tolerant coordinator that is easy to set up and manage.

- Improvements to the replication protocol to make failover faster and
seamless.

- A new auto-scaling feature that will optimize the internal
concurrency used by the data servers to take advantage of the number
of cores available.

- Packages for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS make it easier to deploy the system.

- An expanded API that provides:
- efficient retrieval of object by secondary attributes (i.e. SEARCH)
- rich data types including lists, sets, and maps
- atomic arithmetic operations (inc, del, mul, div, and, or, xor, mod)
- atomic string operations (string prepend, string append)
- atomic list/set/map operations (add, remove, intersect, union, etc)
- range searches for strings, integers and floats
- efficient group operations (group delete and count)
- a new put_if_not_exist operation for using HyperDex as a lock manager

- Updated documentation to demonstrate the new features.

Binary packages for Debian 6, Ubuntu 12.04, and Fedora 17 are available
on our Download page [1], as well as source tarballs for other Linux
platforms.

Thanks,
The HyperDex Team

1. http://hyperdex.org/download/

Robert Escriva

Jan 16, 2013, 10:04:58 AM1/16/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Done. They are also available as a PDF in the tarball.

-Robert

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:03, Maxi <trust...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will you publish new docs?

Emin Gün Sirer

Jan 16, 2013, 10:05:59 AM1/16/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the tutorial, quick start guide, and the detailed API
documentation have all been updated and are on the website.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Maxi <trust...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will you publish new docs?
>
> Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013 14:49:26 UTC+1 schrieb Robert Escriva:

Emin Gün Sirer

Jan 17, 2013, 11:12:06 AM1/17/13
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com, hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! This is a very nice write-up Göran. I scheduled to tweet it around this afternoon.

Best,
- egs

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Göran Krampe <goran....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey!

Congratulations on the release (I just discovered HyperDex) and also on a seemingly very good piece of software.

Two small things:

- The link on the download page at the text "More download formats are available here" doesn't work - I nginx is a bit tightlipped there.

- I went through compiling HyperDex from source on Ubuntu 12.10 and ended up at a recipe that is a bit more complete (and hopefully correct) than the one described, you might want to copy parts:

regards, Göran