Hyperaudio Incorporated is now a Non-Profit

Mark Boas

Jan 7, 2013, 7:43:16 AM1/7/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of communication on this channel. Hopefully that is set to change.

Over the last few months I have been considering the possibility of setting up Hyperaudio as a non-profit - the idea to create an eco-system centred around the Hyperaudio Pad http://happyworm.com/screencams/hyperaudiopad/2012-10-24/HyperaudioPad-Oct12.m4v  The project shares a lot of common ground with other non-profits such as Internet Archive and Amara (formerly Universal Subtitles) we also share common objectives with Mozilla and their Webmaker initiative and I hoping to work closely together with all these organisations. Also please note that I plan to release anything we make under the opensource dual GPL/MIT license.

I'm Happy to say that in December Hyperaudio Incorporated was well, incorporated as a non-profit in the state of Rhode Island in the US. The reason for the US base is that it was a requirement for funding that hopefully will now be forthcoming.

I mentioned in another thread that the official site is now http://hyperaud.io and I will link to this community very soon. In the meantime please let me know what you would change about the current site. I hacked it together using bootstrap and admittedly I'm not the world's best designer. Also if anybody has any time free to apply themselves to it's design and happy to put it up on GitHub.

Watch this space as they say! :)

Cheers and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Mark

Mariano Blejman

Jan 7, 2013, 8:06:26 AM1/7/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Mark!
--
Mariano Blejman
Editor-in-chief Suplemento NO

Roger Macdonald

Jan 7, 2013, 3:34:05 PM1/7/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Mark!

Matthew Haynes

Jan 7, 2013, 5:54:40 PM1/7/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Good news man, look forward to hearing how you get on!!

Zev Averbach

Jan 8, 2013, 9:12:49 AM1/8/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Mark -- I love Amara, Webmaker and Hyperaudio, so this is exciting news!  Congratulations on the decision, and please let me know how we can help.  We are already working with Amara and giving a lot of feedback on the interface.

Mark Boas

Jan 9, 2013, 4:46:11 AM1/9/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the encouragement! :) Community is central to the hyperaudio project and I'm looking forward to sharing the progress with all of you and getting your feedback and ideas.

I'll keep you all posted!