September HP newsletter

Suzanne Ferron

Jul 18, 2014, 6:55:21 AM7/18/14
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am just thinking of what to include for the September HP newsletter. The focus is innovation so I am looking for any examples of HP innovation that you would like to share? I can skype you to find out more and will write it up if you don't have time to write a paragraph on it. So do please let me know if you have any examples of innovative things you or your organisations have done!

This could cover a whole heap of things - from working with older people or children to using cash transfers to specific technical innovations. Also any ideas for innovative practice  - even if they haven't been tried - would be great!

Do let me know!

Best Wishes
Suzanne

--
Suzanne Ferron
Telephone: UK + 44 (0)1273 546200

Paul OSullivan

Jul 22, 2014, 10:30:19 AM7/22/14
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suzanne,

Great idea, as ever. If I've anything to offer perhaps reviewing latrine designs with children/adults in Haiti or the Urban WaSH PRA/needs assessment from Bukavu developing urban WaSH programming, cost recovery etc with slum dwellers, not sure if that's the sort of thing you are thinking of.

Let me know,

Dec 4, 2014, 2:47:21 AM12/4/14
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I'm putting together a package of Ebola HP activities for children - risk reduction, encouraging health seeking behaviour for sick family members, reducing stigma etc..

Has anyone developed any Ebola related IEC materials for children that you could share? Or similar materials that could be revised for Ebola?

Also we're doing Social Mobilisation for CCC (Community Care Centres) in Sierra Leone. I'm interested in sharing experiences and materials with other people involved in related projects.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

Warm regards,

Helen

Work email: hhaw...@unicef.org

No todo en la vida es de un color o de otro. Miren sino el arco iris.

John Adams

Dec 5, 2014, 4:21:27 AM12/5/14
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Helen,

I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer.

But I'd be very interested to see what exists.

Bioforce is running a 3-week preparatory training on ebola for WASH technicians and logisticians. We'll do a few days on hygiene promotion and community mobilisation. I'm looking for participatory materials to complement the extensive didactic resources (posters, flipbooks etc.) that I've seen so far. Does anyone have, for example, a set of 3-pile sorting cards, or transmission-routes cards (equivalent of f-diagram), or story with a gap?

Thanks, best wishes to you all,

John.
Office: +33 4 74 88 14 29
Mobile: +33 6 01 76 45 65
Skype: adams.john1

Paul OSullivan

Dec 6, 2014, 1:31:33 PM12/6/14
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Helen

I ve been using this HIV toolkit to modify PLA activities for social mobilisation, community participation in WASH program design etc from this toolkit:  Tools Together Now. 100 Participatory tools to mobilize communities for HIV/AIDS | K4Health

Tools Together Now. 100 Participatory tools to mobilize communities for HIV/AIDS | K4Health
This toolkit provides a selection of 100 Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) tools which you can use for community mobilization and HIV/AIDS.
Preview by Yahoo

which I find very useful, it has loads of stuff on stigma etc that might be adaptable to Ebola,

Hope it helps