Dengue health promotion resources

Brooks, Nicholas

Oct 21, 2013, 12:44:31 PM10/21/13
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Might anyone have some good resources for health promotion on dengue?  I’m thinking prevention, control, signs and symptoms etc. – basically low cost hygiene promotion approaches, rather than, or complimenting chemical control.

I’ve got the formal literature – WHO (2009) Guidelines etc. – and there are some good materials on the CDC and WHO websites, but just checking if anyone else has material which can be shared and is particularly good.  Bonus points if it is relevant to the Pakistan context.

Many thanks in advance!

Nick

-------------------

Nick Brooks

Emergency WASH Advisor Asia / Pacific

CARE International

Currently in UK (GMT+1)

Mobile (UK): +44 7726 437771

Office (UK): +44 1244 341005

Email: nichola...@care.org.au

Skype: nhbrooks

www.care.org.au

See all the latest from the CARE Emergency WASH team on our Emergency WASH Wiki

S.Krishnamurthy INDIA NGO

Oct 22, 2013, 10:01:26 PM10/22/13
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
A Ppt promoted by a medical doctor Dr. Sharma, is attached. For further details or for any clarifications in the Ppt, kindly contact him directly marking a copy of the mail to me. His contact details are given in the ppt itself
Thanks

S.Krishnamurthy
Mobile (0)94441 00231, 97909 29939

INDIA(NGO)
INDIA - Environmental Sanitation Resource Centre, Chennai.37
(Working for a better and disease free environment in Schools and in Villages - A Partner Organisation for Unicef, TWAD board, Rural Development Department and for various corporates)

Please don't print this Email unless you really need to.  This Will preserve Trees On Earth
Dengu Fever-simple by Dr Sarma.ppt

Suzanne Ferron

Oct 23, 2013, 5:26:19 AM10/23/13
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,
I have just remembered that we did a child to child activity sheet in East Timor - however I can't locate it in English I'm afraid!
It might possibly still be on the Oxfam system! I've attached the version in Tetun just to give you an idea but I think we just used the child to child format and adapted some of the exercises!!
Sorry nothing else comes to mind!

Best Wishes
Suzanne

Suzanne Ferron
Telephone: UK + 44 (0)1273 674798
UK Mobile: 07985011114
Skype: souzie1

Dengue child to child_Actividade kona ba Demam Berdarah.doc

Raissa Azzalini

Jul 1, 2015, 11:09:47 AM7/1/15
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Despite an increasing interest of the WaSH sector on CTP/market analysis tools and approaches, there is still some limited engagement especially when it comes down to Public Health Promotion programming and activities.

So in order to explore if and how could our PHP sector benefit from the use of CTP/market analysis to achieve our objectives, Oxfam is carrying out a "short scoping study on Cash Transfer Programming and Market Analysis in PHP humanitarian interventions".
  • This study is going to look at reviewing available case studies, pilots project, programme evaluation in emergencies as well as in preparedness and longer term interventions in Oxfam and other agencies in similar sector
  • A consultation with some key actors and practitioners on barriers, enablers, perceptions and recommendations on CTP/market analysis in PHP
  • Draw some conclusions and make some recommendations on the way forward

 If you have any useful documentation, case studies, and/or contact of practitioners in the field of Public Health and Cash, could you please let me know.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,
Raissa Azzalini
Public Health Promotion Adviser

OXFAM - GB

Office phone + 44 (0) 1865472451
Mobile + 44 (0) 7833496373
skype: azzalina

Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)

John Adams

Jul 2, 2015, 3:51:57 AM7/2/15
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raissa,

Thanks for sharing this. Last year, Mathieu Guilloteau (in copy), a student at IRIS Sup. in Paris, did his masters research on cash transfers in WASH. He did some work with Hélène Juillard on the Oxfam programme in Jordan, and spent time discussing with Karine Deniel about Oxfam's programme in Gaza. I guess you have access to all the information on those programmes. But it may be useful for you to contact Mathieu, and maybe he'd be willing to share his dissertation.

Kind regards,

John.
Office: +33 4 74 88 14 29
Mobile: +33 6 01 76 45 65