Fw: Humanitarian Innovation Fund - Call for Projects

Marion O'Reilly

May 16, 2017, 12:14:17 PM5/16/17
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com
FYI  - please apply if you're interested

Marion

Marion O'Reilly
Head of Public Health Promotion, Oxfam Global Humanitarian Team
Tel: + 44 1865 473837, Mobile:  07768 152649, skype: marionoreilly

----- Forwarded by Marion O'Reilly/International/Oxfam on 16/05/2017 17:09 -----

From:        Global WASH cluster <globalwa...@gmail.com>
To:        Global WASH cluster <globalwa...@gmail.com>
Date:        16/05/2017 15:33
Subject:        Humanitarian Innovation Fund - Call for Projects

Dear WASH Colleagues,

Please find below a message on behalf of the HIF:

Elrha’s Humanitarian Innovation Fund (HIF) provides a range of funding opportunities for innovative projects in the humanitarian sector. HIF is currently advertising for pilot projects as part of our User-Centred Sanitation Design Challenge.

We’re looking for up to five Community Engagement Projects, each of which will receive a grant of up to £100,000 to develop and test an approach for rapidly understanding the sanitation needs and preferences of disaster-affected communities. The projects will take part in emergency settings, and will all be monitored and evaluated by our Research Partner (which has been selected but not publicly announced yet). The main output will be guidance on i) good practice on how to rapidly engage with affected communities, allowing NGOs to build emergency sanitation that meets people’s needs and preferences; and ii) how to monitor and evaluate that work.

The call closes on 31 May.

The HIF WASH Innovation Adviser, Cecilie Hestbaek, is available for phone calls to discuss the Challenge, and can also help interested organisations to connect with partners who are experts in User-Centred Design approaches.

Cecilie Hestbaek, HIF Innovation Adviser:

Direct line +44 (0)203 763 0798     Skype: Cecilie Hestbaek - Elrha

--
washcluster.net

Michelle Farrington

May 17, 2017, 4:05:52 AM5/17/17
to hygienepro...@googlegroups.com

Hello Hygiene Promotion Forum,

Does anyone know of any good videos for introducing periods, changes in puberty and MHM - preferably aimed at adolescent girls - that would be suitable for the North Eastern Nigerian context? Most women wear headscarves or hijabs in the region, so ideally a video that depicts women in similar clothing would be great.

Best,

Michelle

Michelle Farrington
UK Mobile No: +44 (0) 787 011 0936