Stitch smaller than reported by "calculate optimal size"

Terry Duell

Nov 8, 2015, 8:08:58 PM11/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I'm pretty sure this has come up before, but can't remember and blowed if
I can find the answer.
I've fiddled about with the position of the pano in preview window,
selected "auto crop", and in the the stitcher tab I select "Calculate
optimal size" and hugin reports 5350 x 3490, but the resulting image is
4275 x 2312.
I'm guessing that the figures hugin reports are related to the preview
window size and the output reflects the result of the auto crop...or
something else.
Can someone please enlighten me?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Terry Duell

Nov 8, 2015, 11:50:35 PM11/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:08:38 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> I'm pretty sure this has come up before, but can't remember and blowed
> if I can find the answer.
> I've fiddled about with the position of the pano in preview window,
> selected "auto crop", and in the the stitcher tab I select "Calculate
> optimal size" and hugin reports 5350 x 3490, but the resulting image is
> 4275 x 2312.
> I'm guessing that the figures hugin reports are related to the preview
> window size and the output reflects the result of the auto crop...or
> something else.

Greatcoats off!
I finally found the answer..."calculate optimal size" reports the window
size, the stitched image size is the cropped size.