Map one stack of images and get all remapped images with same size -- how?

Lev Serebryakov

Jan 23, 2015, 2:44:39 PM1/23/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

I have 5 images which were expobracketed hand-hold.

I want to enfuse them.

But here are problem: when I put them all in one stack I could not align them -- hugin complains, that there is no parameters to optimize.

And when I put them into 5 different stacks, remapped results ("Remapped images: no exposure correction, LDR") have slightly different sizes (WHY?!), so they could not be easily enfused / merged by external tools!

I've tried to align (optimize) them in 5 different stacks and set same stack number for all after that, but when I set same stack for all of them, all alignment information is reset to zero.

How could I get aligned stack with all images of exactly same size?

I'm using Hugin 2014.0.0

--
// Lev Serebryakov

Terry Duell

Jan 23, 2015, 4:24:28 PM1/23/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello lev,

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 06:44:39 +1100, Lev Serebryakov <blac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have 5 images which were expobracketed hand-hold.
>
> I want to enfuse them.
>
> But here are problem: when I put them all in one stack I could not align
> them -- hugin complains, that there is no parameters to optimize.
>
> And when I put them into 5 different stacks, remapped results ("Remapped
> images: no exposure correction, LDR") have slightly different sizes
> (WHY?!), so they could not be easily enfused / merged by external tools!

Do you have "Create cropped images by default" set in your Preferences
Programs tab?
If that option is un-set, all the remapped images should be the same size.

> I've tried to align (optimize) them in 5 different stacks and set same
> stack number for all after that, but when I set same stack for all of
> them,
> all alignment information is reset to zero.
>
> How could I get aligned stack with all images of exactly same size?
>
> I'm using Hugin 2014.0.0

This tutorial gives some guidance on how to do the fusion in hugin.
<https://sites.google.com/site/alistargazing/hugin-tutorial-enfuse-only>

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Lev Serebryakov

Jan 24, 2015, 9:03:06 AM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 12:24:28 AM UTC+3, Tduell wrote:

> I have 5 images which were expobracketed hand-hold.
>
> I want to enfuse them.
>
> But here are problem: when I put them all in one stack I could not align
> them -- hugin complains, that there is no parameters to optimize.
>
> And when I put them into 5 different stacks, remapped results ("Remapped
> images: no exposure correction, LDR") have slightly different sizes
> (WHY?!), so they could not be easily enfused / merged by external tools!

Do you have "Create cropped images by default" set in your Preferences
Programs tab?
If that option is un-set, all the remapped images should be the same size.
 Yep, it solves my problem with remapping, but still I need to call enfuse by hands after that :(

> I've tried to align (optimize) them in 5 different stacks and set same
> stack number for all after that, but when I set same stack for all of
> them,
> all alignment information is reset to zero.
>
> How could I get aligned stack with all images of exactly same size?
>
> I'm using Hugin 2014.0.0

This tutorial gives some guidance on how to do the fusion in hugin.
<https://sites.google.com/site/alistargazing/hugin-tutorial-enfuse-only>

 Nope. This tutorial says nothing about aligning stack.

 I found it very strange, that Hugin HAS special algorithm for find CPs in one stack (very overlapped images) but hasn't any way to align stack as STACK, not as several images in different stacks and doesn't allow to assign one stack do differently moved (transformed) images. It looks like important missing feature -- Hugin enforces user to have pre-aligned stacks, which is very serious restriction, IMHO.

--
// Lev Serebryakov

T. Modes

Jan 24, 2015, 9:47:49 AM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Freitag, 23. Januar 2015 20:44:39 UTC+1 schrieb Lev Serebryakov:

But here are problem: when I put them all in one stack I could not align them -- hugin complains, that there is no parameters to optimize.

I've tried to align (optimize) them in 5 different stacks and set same stack number for all after that, but when I set same stack for all of them, all alignment information is reset to zero.
<snip>
Hugin enforces user to have pre-aligned stacks, which is very serious restriction, IMHO.

This sounds like you have not unlinked in position in the stack, which is possible.
Select "group by stack" and "display image position" then you can unlink the position in the context menu.

But in case of enfusing of a single stack you don't need to fiddle with the stack setting, you can use different stacks. The stack settings is mainly indented for panorama with stacks. The stack setting helps the control point finder and optimizer, but not for the output.

John Muccigrosso

Jan 24, 2015, 12:39:18 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 4:24:28 PM UTC-5, Tduell wrote:
This tutorial gives some guidance on how to do the fusion in hugin.
<https://sites.google.com/site/alistargazing/hugin-tutorial-enfuse-only>

This is a nice little tutorial. Could someone link to it on the tutorial page (or maybe reformat it and copy to there)?

I've also archived it via the Wayback Machine, so it's preserved for posterity. :-)

Lev Serebryakov

Jan 24, 2015, 1:56:35 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 5:47:49 PM UTC+3, T. Modes wrote:

This sounds like you have not unlinked in position in the stack, which is possible.
Select "group by stack" and "display image position" then you can unlink the position in the context menu.

But in case of enfusing of a single stack you don't need to fiddle with the stack setting, you can use different stacks. The stack settings is mainly indented for panorama with stacks. The stack setting helps the control point finder and optimizer, but not for the output.

It works, thanks!
And how to enfuse without assign one stack for images? "Exposure fused from any arragment" checkbox?

--
// Lev Serebryakov

Terry Duell

Jan 24, 2015, 4:32:29 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:03:05 +1100, Lev Serebryakov <blac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

[snip]

> Nope. This tutorial says nothing about aligning stack.
>
> I found it very strange, that Hugin HAS special algorithm for find CPs
> in one stack (very overlapped images) but hasn't any way to align stack
> as
> STACK, not as several images in different stacks and doesn't allow to
> assign one stack do differently moved (transformed) images. It looks like
> important missing feature -- Hugin enforces user to have pre-aligned
> stacks, which is very serious restriction, IMHO.

Have you tried "align_image_stack"?

Terry Duell

Jan 24, 2015, 4:36:18 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 04:39:18 +1100, John Muccigrosso <jmuc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 4:24:28 PM UTC-5, Tduell wrote:
>>
>> This tutorial gives some guidance on how to do the fusion in hugin.
>> <https://sites.google.com/site/alistargazing/hugin-tutorial-enfuse-only>
>>

> This is a nice little tutorial. Could someone link to it on the tutorial
> page (or maybe reformat it and copy to there)?
>
> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/index.shtml

Yes that can be done.

Terry Duell

Jan 24, 2015, 5:04:22 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 08:36:13 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

>> This is a nice little tutorial. Could someone link to it on the tutorial
>> page (or maybe reformat it and copy to there)?
>>
>> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/index.shtml
>>

> Yes that can be done.

Done.

T. Modes

Jan 25, 2015, 3:52:27 AM1/25/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Samstag, 24. Januar 2015 19:56:35 UTC+1 schrieb Lev Serebryakov:

It works, thanks!
And how to enfuse without assign one stack for images? "Exposure fused from any arragment" checkbox?

Use "Exposure fused from stacks". This works also without assigned stacks. Hugin calculates itself which images belong to a stack.
Or in your case you can also use "Exposure fused stacks" from the "Combined stacks" group.

Thomas

John Muccigrosso

Jan 25, 2015, 11:44:44 AM1/25/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
The name of that first box (Exposure fused from stacks) seems fairly misleading, given that it apparently actually will ignore stacks when there not assigned.

Might there be a better way to label it?