newest hugin conflict with inkscape

Vsevolod Balashov

May 14, 2016, 1:53:07 AM5/14/16
$ apt show libgsl2
Package: libgsl2
Source: gsl
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 2682 kB
Maintainer: Hugin PPA Packagers <hugi...@googlegroups.com>
Version: 2.1+dfsg-2ubuntu1~trusty
Replaces: gsl, libgsl0 (<= 1.9-4), libgsl0ldbl (<= 1.16+dfsg-4)
Suggests: gsl-ref-psdoc | gsl-doc-pdf | gsl-doc-info | gsl-ref-html
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14)
Conflicts: gsl, libgsl0, libgsl0ldbl

$ apt show libgsl0ldbl
Package: libgsl0ldbl
Source: gsl
Version: 1.16+dfsg-1ubuntu1
Replaces: gsl, libgsl0 (<= 1.9-4)
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14)
Suggests: gsl-ref-psdoc | gsl-doc-pdf | gsl-doc-info | gsl-ref-html
Conflicts: gsl, libgsl0

Hans Bull

May 14, 2016, 3:55:37 AM5/14/16
Not only Inkscape, but also QGIS!!

David W. Jones

May 14, 2016, 5:09:12 AM5/14/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 05/13/2016 09:55 PM, Hans Bull wrote:
> Not only Inkscape, but also QGIS!!

Hmm, now I wonder ... a couple of times on different Debians, I removed
Hugin - and that also removed RawTherapee. Maybe it was a shared library?

Anyway, didn't happen after a couple of system upgrades, so maybe it got
sorted out.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Stefan Peter

May 14, 2016, 10:05:44 AM5/14/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vsevolod Balashov

Thank you for your message. It is not Hugin but enblend/enfuse that
brings in the libgsl2 dependency, and, although neither wily nor trusty
have libgsl2, this package replaces gsl and libgsl0 which then upsets
Inkscape (and probably other packages).

Therefore, I have retracted enblend, enfuse and gsl2 for wily and trusty
from the latest Hugin builds. I will investigate other ways to bring
modern enblend/enfuse to these two versions of Ubuntu.

If you are bitten by this problem, please purge the enblend, enfuse and
libgsl2 from your system. Afterwards, you can reinstall enblend and
enfuse from the standard Ubuntu repository.

Sorry for the troubles I have caused!

With kind regards

Stefan Peter
> --