Imaging stacking without transparency

Roberto Pinto

May 6, 2018, 11:23:00 AM5/6/18
Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to use Hugin to develop a picture like the one attached. I'd like to stack many pics without transparency. Regards, Roberto.
Mergulho_Murilo_Camboinhas.jpg

Gunter Königsmann

May 6, 2018, 1:35:31 PM5/6/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
1.) In each picture you add a mask for the places you don't want to include from this picture.
2.) You mark all pictures, tell hugin to add control points
3.) You tell hugin to align the pictures
4.) Let hugin stitch the pictures.
Done.

I always use the advanced interface for my work.

Kind regards,

  Gunter.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Roberto Pinto

May 6, 2018, 6:19:55 PM5/6/18
Hi Gunter! Do you gui Hugin or command line?
Regards, Roberto

Roberto Pinto

May 7, 2018, 2:07:56 PM5/7/18
Hi Gunter! I'm trying to stack only 2 pics at first. I created a mask around the boy in the second pic type "Inclusion region", and I exported this mask. In the first pic I imported the previous mask and typed it "exclusion region", but, unfortunately the final pic does not display the 2 boys.
Do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong?
Regards, Roberto

Kornel Benko

May 7, 2018, 2:22:48 PM5/7/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Montag, 7. Mai 2018 11:07:56 CEST schrieb Roberto Pinto <rober...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Gunter! I'm trying to stack only 2 pics at first. I created a mask

> around the boy in the second pic type "Inclusion region", and I exported

> this mask. In the first pic I imported the previous mask and typed it

> "exclusion region", but, unfortunately the final pic does not display the 2

> boys.

> Do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

> Regards, Roberto

Instead of excluding some parts, you may want to include parts you want to have.

You don't need to exclude a region which is already included in other image.

> Em domingo, 6 de maio de 2018 19:19:55 UTC-3, Roberto Pinto escreveu:

> > Hi Gunter! Do you gui Hugin or command line?

> > Regards, Roberto

> > Em domingo, 6 de maio de 2018 14:35:31 UTC-3, Gunter Königsmann escreveu:

> >> 1.) In each picture you add a mask for the places you don't want to

> >> include from this picture.

> >> 2.) You mark all pictures, tell hugin to add control points

> >> 3.) You tell hugin to align the pictures

> >> 4.) Let hugin stitch the pictures.

> >> Done.

> >> I always use the advanced interface for my work.

> >> Kind regards,

> >> Gunter.

Kornel

signature.asc

Roberto Pinto

May 7, 2018, 3:13:57 PM5/7/18
Hi Kornel! I think there is another problem. Now Hugin is not able to stack images, so that only the first pic is shown in the final picture.
Roberto

Erik Keever

May 8, 2018, 12:40:54 AM5/8/18
to hugin-ptx
Hi Roberto,

Hugin evaluates all "exclude region"s that apply to an image, then evaluates all includes that apply, so that includes have priority over excludes. So there's no need to mask anything *out*: Add the pictures, find control points and align, then use include masks on the parts you want in.

Also do this as just a normal "panorama," not stacking... that's a different beast in Hugin entirely.

Hope this helps,
-- Erik