Hugin 2016.2 RC 1 released

T. Modes

Jul 9, 2016, 5:04:31 AM7/9/16
Hi all,

today we are releasing the Hugin 2016.2 rc 1.

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.2/hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2016.2/2016.2rc1/+download/hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5: f77ce8a1dc0a337b99eca8fb8841e00d  hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2
sha1: db9af9c228f83828d4c82b927140dcf3d9f4d5c7  hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The rc 1 correspond to changeset 48cb11a23351 in our repository, which is also tagged as 2016.2rc1).

Changes since beta 1
* More fixes for Mac OS build
* Updated translations
* More fixes for initialization of fast preview window
* Cpfind: Improved finding of cp for float/double images by applying logarithm mapping to internal images

Changes since 2016.0.0

* Allow reading of image positions from Papywizard XML files: First add the image to a new project and then select File, Import settings from Papywizard XML file... This will read the lens settings, the image positions and also, if applicable, the bracket settings. After this, the usual workflow is to run cpfind with --prealigned switch and then geocpset to connect orphanded images.
* The internal blender and verdandi got the possibility to blend seams as alternative to current hard seam: For each seam the color of second image is adapted to the match the color of the first seam. For this blender, the blender order changes according to the overlap. The blending starts with the exposure anchor and blends then all overlapping images. This blending mode is not suited if there are bigger misalignments or bigger parallax errors.
* The display of the control point error (after optimizing and in fast preview window) and the control point list window can now limited to take only control points in active images into account (menu Edit, Optimize only active images, connected with the setting on the optimizer tab).
* Improvements to mask tab in Hugin (edit crop of all images of the same lens at once) and find panorama dialog in PTBatcherGUI (remove images from found panoramas, split found panorama into two).
* Several improvements for Mac OS.
* Fixes several issues with fast preview window which could result in random crashes (uninitialized variables, memory leaks).

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

A draft of release notes can be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2016.2.0/en.shtml

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jul 9, 2016, 6:24:39 AM7/9/16
Mac build:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.2/Hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.dmg/download

sha1: cac4eb13cd0d88f2bca7f46d09a2df6da9cf167b  Hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.dmg

Changes to previous build
- compiled with LAPACK (no new dependency, ships with OS X)

Niklas

Donald Johnston

Jul 9, 2016, 5:58:17 PM7/9/16
to Hugin Pano
That build was quick … thanks again for all your efforts Niklas!

So far I’ve only found one issue …

.... when I opened HuginStitchProject.app the pop-up window isn’t all English …

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jul 10, 2016, 6:54:13 AM7/10/16
Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2016 23:58:17 UTC+2 schrieb Donald Johnston:
So far I’ve only found one issue …

.... when I opened HuginStitchProject.app the pop-up window isn’t all English …

That issue is fixed, I will wait if other problems arise before creating a new build.

(Workaround: right-click on HuginStitchProject.app or PTBatcher.app, "Show Package Contents",
go into Contents, Resources and create a new empty folder called "en_US.lproj".)

Niklas

Stefan Peter

Jul 10, 2016, 8:01:45 AM7/10/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
hi list

On 09.07.2016 11:04, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today we are releasing the Hugin 2016.2 rc 1.

Great!

Packages for Ubuntu
o Yakkety Yak (16.10)
o Xenial Xerus (16.04 LTS)
o Wily Werewolf (15.10)
o Vivid Vervet (15.04)
o Trusty Tahr (14.04.3 LTS)
can be found over at

https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/next

Please send your error (or success) reports to this mailing list.

Enjoy!

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

T. Modes

Jul 11, 2016, 1:17:28 PM7/11/16

today we are releasing the Hugin 2016.2 rc 1.

Windows binaries can be found at sourceforge.
For Win32: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.2/Hugin-2016.2.0-rc1-win32.msi/download
and for Win64: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.2/Hugin-2016.2.0-rc1-win64.msi/download

MD5 checksums are
f4489f58c57763c06cfba1ce2eb87c2f hugin-2016.2.0-rc1-win32.msi
e746b48121d2d8037051b80b1439d1d8 hugin-2016.2.0-rc1-win64.msi

(They run only on Windows Vista and later. Windows XP is no longer supported.)

Frederic Da Vitoria

Jul 11, 2016, 5:54:22 PM7/11/16
to hugin-ptx
Thank you, Thomas. I installed Win64 on my Windows 10 and did a small project without any problem.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

namklim

Jul 12, 2016, 6:10:32 AM7/12/16
The 64-bit version installed and ran on my newer Win7 PC without any problems. But hugin.exe would not start  on my other Win7 PC and it did not give any error.

I looked at the Hugin_2015 version and found there were various DLLs in the Hugin directory (including vcomp110, vcomp120, msvcp120 and msvcr120) which were not in the Hugin 2016 distribution.

After I downloaded and installed both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and the 32 and 64-bit versions of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145, followed by a reboot, the 64-bit version started without problems. (it seems from comments on the internet it is necessary to have both 32- and 64-bit versions installed for some other 64-bit programs so I installed both).

It would seem sensible to include all the necessary DLLs in the final release version.

T. Modes

Jul 12, 2016, 11:45:08 AM7/12/16

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016 12:10:32 UTC+2 schrieb namklim:
I looked at the Hugin_2015 version and found there were various DLLs in the Hugin directory (including vcomp110, vcomp120, msvcp120 and msvcr120) which were not in the Hugin 2016 distribution.
It would seem sensible to include all the necessary DLLs in the final release version.

All necessary DLLs *are* included in the installer. All files from the redistributable files are now installed in the Windows folder, and not in the Hugin directory. So other programs can they also use.

AFAIK Hugin would complain about missing DLL.

So I don't know whats wrong on your side.
Maybe something with write access to windows folder? Or an anti-virus or other security program has interfered with/blocked the installation.

Erik Krause

Jul 14, 2016, 6:13:39 AM7/14/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am 09.07.2016 um 11:04 schrieb T. Modes:

> today we are releasing the Hugin 2016.2 rc 1.

I just realized that my 8 years old enfuse and enblend droplets (.bat
files) are still part of the windows distribution. Unfortunately they
don't work any more. A couple of things need to be fixed:
- new parameter names for enfuse and enblend (was that really necessary
to drop the old ones?)
- write temporary files to user or temp space instead of the program
folder. UAC prevents this on most computers. Alternatively install in
user space.
- some error messages

I currently don't have the time and motivation to provide new versions.
So either someone should fix this (any volunteers can PM me for help) or
the droplets should be removed from the distribution entirely.

best regards
--
Erik Krause

T. Modes

Jul 14, 2016, 1:18:27 PM7/14/16

Am Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2016 12:13:39 UTC+2 schrieb Erik Krause:
Am 09.07.2016 um 11:04 schrieb T. Modes:

> today we are releasing the Hugin 2016.2 rc 1.

I just realized that my 8 years old enfuse and enblend droplets (.bat
files) are still part of the windows distribution.

But not in 2016.2 beta1/rc1?? I don't see them in the installer package.

Bruno Postle

Jul 15, 2016, 3:31:59 AM7/15/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I have built 2016.2.0 rc1 RPM packages for fedora f23 and f24:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/

These are built with gtk3 so please report any glitches, as this is how I'm planning on pushing Hugin to fedora proper.

--
Bruno

Erik Krause

Jul 16, 2016, 4:13:11 PM7/16/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.07.2016 um 19:18 schrieb T. Modes:
> But not in 2016.2 beta1/rc1?? I don't see them in the installer package.

They are in
hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2\hugin-2016.2.0-rc1.tar\hugin-2016.2.0\platforms\windows\droplets\

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Terry Duell

Jul 17, 2016, 1:50:21 AM7/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bruno,

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:31:43 +1000, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

> I have built 2016.2.0 rc1 RPM packages for fedora f23 and f24:
>
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/
>
> These are built with gtk3 so please report any glitches, as this is how
> I'm planning on pushing Hugin to fedora proper.

I assume you are aware of the problem with the initial opening of the main
window in Fedora 24?
In Advanced and Expert mode, it opens with only menu headings, icons and
tabs. The main window contents are shrunk to oblivion in top LH corner,
and one must grab the sizer icon bottom RH corner to get it all to display
correctly.
I wouldn't consider it a show stopper, but I know what's going on and how
to fix it.
Do you think this is an issue that needs to be sorted before release?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

namklim

Jul 17, 2016, 4:37:58 AM7/17/16
I bought a new SSD to update a PC and built 64-bit Win 7 SP1 on it from an OEM disk. I allowed all the initial 119 (?) patches to install and then, before installing any other updates or programs, I installed Hugin 2016.2 RC 1. It failed with an error that it could not find api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a component of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and, after I installed that, Hugin ran without problems.

A quick search shows the lack of that DLL seems to be a problem with a lot of new program installs.

T. Modes

Jul 17, 2016, 5:38:10 AM7/17/16

Am Sonntag, 17. Juli 2016 10:37:58 UTC+2 schrieb namklim:
I bought a new SSD to update a PC and built 64-bit Win 7 SP1 on it from an OEM disk. I allowed all the initial 119 (?) patches to install and then, before installing any other updates or programs, I installed Hugin 2016.2 RC 1. It failed with an error that it could not find api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a component of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and, after I installed that, Hugin ran without problems.

Also this file is included in the installer. The installer contains the complete MergeModule from the Visual C++ Redistributable.
Currently there were 1000 downloads of the beta 1 and 250 downloads from the rc1, and you are the only one which reported to have problems with the DLL.
I don't know what goes wrong on your side.

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jul 17, 2016, 6:30:01 AM7/17/16
New build that should fix the language bug.

sha1: af31310a0ea2a8c9cb6ab436e17580989e3cb8f8 Hugin-2016.2.0-rc1-r1.dmg

Niklas

Bruno Postle

Jul 17, 2016, 3:32:27 PM7/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On 17 July 2016 06:50:11 BST, Terry Duell wrote:

>> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/
>>
>> These are built with gtk3 so please report any glitches,

>I assume you are aware of the problem with the initial opening of the main
>window in Fedora 24?
>In Advanced and Expert mode, it opens with only menu headings, icons and
>tabs. The main window contents are shrunk to oblivion in top LH corner,
>
>and one must grab the sizer icon bottom RH corner to get it all to display
>correctly.

I had a brief play and it seemed OK, I'm still on f23, no problem with the window sizes, but then I ought to try again after deleting the preferences, later.

2016.0 with gtk3 was very flakey, masks not displaying, missing widgets, not really useable.

--
Bruno

Bruno Postle

Jul 17, 2016, 6:50:28 PM7/17/16
to Hugin ptx
On Sun 17-Jul-2016 at 20:32 +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

> > > These are built with gtk3 so please report any glitches,
>
> > I assume you are aware of the problem with the initial opening of
> > the main window in Fedora 24?
> > In Advanced and Expert mode, it opens with only menu headings,
> > icons and tabs. The main window contents are shrunk to oblivion in
> > top LH corner, and one must grab the sizer icon bottom RH corner
> > to get it all to display correctly.
>
> I had a brief play and it seemed OK, I'm still on f23, no problem
> with the window sizes, but then I ought to try again after deleting
> the preferences, later.
>
> 2016.0 with gtk3 was very flakey, masks not displaying, missing
> widgets, not really useable.

On f23 GTK3 I don't see the problem with window sizes, and the
widgets seem to display ok. Deleting the .hugin file and it is
still ok.

I just stitched a quite complex project[*] without too many
problems, only the first issue here is a showstopper:

1. Crops don't display in the Masks tab -> Crop, they seem to be
editable as usual, but I can't see anything.

2. Clicking on the image list of the Masks tab -> Crop below the
last item in the list crashes Hugin.

3. In the Preview window, changing the EV has no effect unless I
unset and set 'Photometrics' each time.

[*] Argh I have hundreds of panoramas like this that have never been
stitched: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brunopostle/27759532683

--
Bruno
Homemaker adaptive domestic design https://bitbucket.org/brunopostle/urb/wiki/Start

Terry Duell

Jul 17, 2016, 7:13:22 PM7/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bruno,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:50:22 +1000, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

> On f23 GTK3 I don't see the problem with window sizes, and the widgets
> seem to display ok. Deleting the .hugin file and it is still ok.

Yes, F23 is OK.
F24 uses a different version and it has problems. I think some of the
issues have been the subject of bug reports, but no sign of any upstream
fixes yet.

Erik Krause

Jul 18, 2016, 3:12:57 PM7/18/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.07.2016 um 19:18 schrieb T. Modes:

> But not in 2016.2 beta1/rc1?? I don't see them in the installer package.

They are not in the installer, indeed. However, I'd like to have them
removed completely. Apparently people download them directly.

BTW.: I had problems to download the 32bit version. Avast virus scanner
insisted to have found a virus in PTOptimizer.exe (Win32:Malware-gen) I
consider this a false alarm. However, users might be scared...

--
Erik Krause
Herchersgarten 1

---

Frederic Da Vitoria

Jul 18, 2016, 3:21:55 PM7/18/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

------ Message Original / Original Message ------

De / From: Erik Krause
A / To: hugin-ptx

Envoyé / Sent: 2016-07-18 21:12 (+0200)

Sujet / Subject: [hugin-ptx] Re: windows droplets
BTW.: I had problems to download the 32bit version. Avast virus scanner insisted to have found a virus in PTOptimizer.exe (Win32:Malware-gen) I consider this a false alarm. However, users might be scared...

I believe this should be reported to Avast. I don't know about avast, but Avira used to have a page to report false positives. I often reported false positives and Avira indeed updated their virus database to correct the issue. I guess this is the avast equivalent: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

Erik Krause

Jul 18, 2016, 3:33:56 PM7/18/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am 18.07.2016 um 21:21 schrieb Frederic Da Vitoria:
> I believe this should be reported to Avast. I don't know about avast,
> but Avira used to have a page to report false positives. I often
> reported false positives and Avira indeed updated their virus database
> to correct the issue. I guess this is the avast equivalent:

You are right. There is a button "report false alarm" in the dialog,
which I pressed. I hope this helps.