Replace pto_gen

Emiliano Burgos

Apr 15, 2015, 11:16:06 AM4/15/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently running the following series of commands form my terminal:

pto_gen -o /tmp/project.pto ~/project/images/*.jpg
cpfind -o /tmp/project.pto --multirow /tmp/project.pto
cpclean -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
linefind -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
autooptimiser -v HFOV -a -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
pano_modify --canvas=AUTO --crop=AUTO -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
pto2mk -o /tmp/project.mk -p prefix /tmp/project.pto
make -f /tmp/project.mk all

I want to know if it would be possible to not use pto_gen by modifying the command sequence and getting the same output. In the wiki I read that you can use something like autopano-sift:

Hint: Other control points generator, such as autopano-siftautopano-sift-cpanomatic and match-n-shift take a list of images instead of a project. In this case the pto generation and control point generation are one step. Here is an example for autopano-sift-c:

The final image is a panorama, if that helps.

Terry Duell

Apr 15, 2015, 6:37:39 PM4/15/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Emiliano,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 00:54:24 +1000, Emiliano Burgos <burg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm currently running the following series of commands form my terminal:
>
> *pto_gen -o /tmp/project.pto ~/project/images/*.jpg*
>> cpfind -o /tmp/project.pto --multirow /tmp/project.pto
>> cpclean -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
>> linefind -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
>> autooptimiser -v HFOV -a -o /tmp/project.pto /tmp/project.pto
>> pano_modify --canvas=AUTO --crop=AUTO -o /tmp/project.pto
>> /tmp/project.pto
>> pto2mk -o /tmp/project.mk -p prefix /tmp/project.pto
>> make -f /tmp/project.mk all
>
> I want to know if it would be possible to not use pto_gen by modifying
> the
> command sequence and getting the same output. In the wiki
> <http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell#PanoTools_.27Scripting.27>
> I read that you can use something like autopano-sift:
>
> Hint: Other control points generator, such as autopano-sift
>> <http://wiki.panotools.org/Autopano-sift>, autopano-sift-c
>> <http://wiki.panotools.org/index.php?title=Autopano-sift-c&action=edit&redlink=1>
>> , panomatic <http://wiki.panotools.org/Panomatic> and match-n-shift
>> <http://wiki.panotools.org/index.php?title=Match-n-shift&action=edit&redlink=1>
>> take a list of images instead of a project. In this case the pto
>> generation and control point generation are one step.

Yes, you can use other tools to generate the .pto file.
Have a look at Panotools::Script
<http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/>, which might help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

bran...@yahoo.com

Apr 16, 2015, 3:37:44 AM4/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 8:16:06 AM UTC-7, Emiliano Burgos wrote:

I want to know if it would be possible to not use pto_gen by modifying the command sequence and getting the same output. In the wiki I read that you can use something like autopano-sift:

If you want to use a control point detector other than the default some of them will take the images as an input and give you a pto file. The downside of that at least for me on my newer computers is that most of the other control point detectors no longer work, or I am not able to find them. The default one is pretty good though there are times when it is good to know how to change the default options on it.

Just wondering why do you not like pto_gen?

Emiliano Burgos

Apr 17, 2015, 7:29:19 PM4/17/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering why do you not like pto_gen?
I installed hugin on a debian box- raspberry pi- and pto_gen is missing, so I was looking for alternatives. I was able to use match-n-shift and albeit the output was not 100% the same it was close enough to make it work.