woa: NO control points added?

Heinrich Schults

Jun 19, 2016, 5:50:29 AM6/19/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

when running
Actions ->Control Points -> Warped Overlap Analysis

many Terminal windows for nona and cpfind flash open and close.
There is no text in them.
When done there are no control-points added.

Whats wrong?

my project: (.pto file and images, 4.8 MB):
http://bit.ly/23jnOhC

The set-up:
64-bit Windows 8.

HuginSetup_2015.0.0_64bit-python.exe
from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2015.0/
installed with the default settings.

python-3.4.4.amd64.msi
from
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-344/
installed with the default settings.

tiff-3.8.2-1.exe
from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/tiff/3.8.2-1/
installed with the default settings.

Added the following line for tiffdump and Hugin to the PATH:
;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Program Files\Hugin\bin

Open Hugin
File -> Open.
Picked the 1-000000014 - 6-000000014.pto file.

Any help is appreciated.

Btw:
Hugins CPFind (Prealigned) works, but finds an insufficient number of control-points to the top image.

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Jun 20, 2016, 3:39:09 PM6/20/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I've tested here in a Linux box and it found 84 control points.

Some suggestions:

1) remove the spaces from them PTO file name

2) update the Hugin, I'm almost sure a few time ago someone published here a newer windows version

3) Try adding manual CPs and/or use the "Edit CP" at the Fast preview window, second tab

Bests,

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

smib

Jun 23, 2016, 2:03:35 AM6/23/16
I am not sure what version of Python has been used in the build but I have found the same issue in my own build using Python 2.7. Interestingly when I first got a 64 bit win 8 box I copied across the 32 bit version of Hugin that I had (and where WOA worked) . Hugin ran fine but WOA no longer worked!

    I can run WOA from the command line using

           woa.py ain.pto -c 1.0 -g cpfind -m 0 -o aout.pto -b woa -s 0.25 -verbose -t 0.01 >out.txt

    where ain.pto is the basic pto file generated by Hugin and aout.pto is the new pto file created using WOA

    To my little brain it appears that there has been a change in the way that Win8/10 handles the WOA script from within Hugin

 Cheers