Controlling Hugin via command line in Ubuntu

Jim Bachalo

Jan 1, 2017, 12:15:59 PM1/1/17
Hi
Trying to control my Samsung Gear 360 entirely from the command line in Ubuntu. Almost there suing simple-mtpfs or jumpfts but still issues with deleting files.

Now for stitching! Some googling I discovered that PTGui can be controlled bt command line but there is no linux version.
Further googling led me to Hugin and apparently it CAN be used to convert Samsung Gear 360 files

So, my question is for any Hugin experts, can Hugin be scripted via command line to convert Samsung gear 360 files?

Thanks for any feedback!

Terry Duell

Jan 1, 2017, 4:39:49 PM1/1/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jim,

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 03:55:30 +1100, Jim Bachalo <bac...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> So, my question is for any Hugin experts, can Hugin be scripted via
> command
> line to convert Samsung gear 360 files?
>
> Thanks for any feedback!

Probably, but I don't really know.
I do recall seeing a post or two that might be related, so suggest a
look/search through the mailing list history.
Sorry if this is a red herring, the memory on this is vague.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

FabKzo

Jan 3, 2017, 5:51:46 AM1/3/17

Google loan service has borrowed me one of them, and I'm currently trying to refine this template script : https://github.com/ultramango/gear360pano. since there's some too much parallax errors.

It takes a while (~ hours )  to stitch each resulting panos to create the video file, depending on your computer and hugin packages, and video length , but it works .

A very fastest way might be to use opencv I think - and might be the way it's working from their application (?) .