Problems running Hugin on a MacOS Sierra

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Sep 30, 2017, 11:00:11 AM9/30/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to help a user at panoforum.com.br that posted a problem he had when running Hugin 2017.0.0 for the first time. I suggested him to try older versions, which he did, but the problem persists. He posted the last two error screens at this post here, including a XML process context description generated bu Hugin. I mean the two images at the fifth message posted.

Any hint? For me those messages say nothing and I also don't have a Mac,

Tks,

Niklas Mischkulnig

Sep 30, 2017, 1:00:15 PM9/30/17
Hi Carlos,

so if I understood correctly, this crash occurs at startup. I would try deleting the config file (at ~/Library/Preferences/hugin Preferences) to reset the GUI level which is what might be causing the problem.

Niklas

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Oct 1, 2017, 10:30:11 AM10/1/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also understood that it occurs at startup. I passed your suggestion to him, but he didn't find the Preferences and also said he did't use Hugin before, the 2017 was the first version installed.

He got 2013 version working after downgrading one at a time.

Tks,

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---