hugin dev branch: enblend 4.3 too slow

FabKzo

Dec 28, 2016, 8:00:41 AM12/28/16

I'm updating regularly to get the latest hugin version under linux : I'm facing a problem since enblend 4.3 appears very very slow, this had been repaired by downgrading it to 4.1.4 via synaptic ; has anyone faced this before me?

Gnome Nomad

Dec 28, 2016, 1:11:04 PM12/28/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Yes, enblend 4.3 is noticeably slower than 4.1.4. Don't know why. Wouldn't say so slow as to need downgrading, though.

Hi,

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Sean Greenslade

Dec 28, 2016, 5:03:10 PM12/28/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, Gnome Nomad
On December 28, 2016 1:10:51 PM EST, Gnome Nomad <gnome...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes, enblend 4.3 is noticeably slower than 4.1.4. Don't know why.
>Wouldn't
>say so slow as to need downgrading, though.

The image cache feature was removed in 4.2. It's possible if your system has insufficient ram, the lack of image cache would cause your system to thrash its swap space.

Take a look at the release notes to see other potential problem changes:

http://hg.code.sf.net/p/enblend/code/file/a7a247e1e64b/NEWS

--Sean