Hugin crashes on Win7

fo...@devnull.at

Nov 18, 2015, 6:28:21 PM11/18/15

I am using Hugin for years now to create my panoramas (WinXP 32-bit).

Now I tried to use it as well on my 3 notebooks (all have different hardware; 2 are Win7 64-bit, 1 is Win7-32 bit).
The strange thing: Hugin is running on WinXP without any issue, on all 3 notebooks I was not able to create one single panorama, because it is crashing on ALL 3 machines.
What can I do, to make Hugin also wotk on my Win7 notebooks - what info should I post, as I'm facing these issues on all 3 machines?

thanks
Michael

Terry Duell

Nov 18, 2015, 7:53:58 PM11/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I don't use Windows, so my help will be limited.
Firstly, what version of Hugin and where did you get it?
It would be useful if you could provide any error messages.
Hugin does provide a means of copying log messages to the clipboard, see
the Preferences, General tab, but may not be useful in this case.
Are you able to start Hugin from a command window and capture any messages?
One other thing you might try is to start Hugin whilst holding down the
ctl key, this disables the fast preview window and reduces functionality,
but may provide a clue as to what is causing the problems.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Luís Henrique Camargo Quiroz

Nov 19, 2015, 8:19:05 AM11/19/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

   Hi Michael,

   I used Hugin on Windows some time ago, but I remember it´s worthwhile to check of you have the most recent video drivers installed. Anyway, besides doing what Terry told you already, please tell which hardware each notebook has (CPU and perhaps a discrete video chip, available memory).

  regards,

  Luis Henrique

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ