Oswaldo Alejandro Bayona Andrade

Nov 16, 2016, 2:17:11 PM11/16/16
Hello,

I have images that include Pitch, Yaw, Roll metadata in Exif. When I load the images in Hugin, the program does not recognize those data, in the grid it shows zero to those three parameters, then I have to enter them manually. Is there any way to load those metadata, or what format should the image have for Hugin recognize those parameters?

Thanks.

Carl von Einem

Nov 17, 2016, 2:13:51 AM11/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
See <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2016.2.0/en.shtml>
Changes Since 2016.0.0
- Allow reading of image positions from Papywizard XML files: (...)

Maybe you already have an external file containing these values?

I'm not aware of a camera that includes y/p/r information, what hardware
do you use to generate these values? A pano bot or some fancy GPS
tracker mounted to the camera using the hot shoe?

Carl

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Nov 17, 2016, 2:23:24 AM11/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 8:13:45 +0100, Carl von Einem wrote:
> Oswaldo Alejandro Bayona Andrade wrote on 16.11.16 19:51:
>>
>> I have images that include Pitch, Yaw, Roll metadata in Exif. When I
>> load the images in Hugin, the program does not recognize those data, in
>> the grid it shows zero to those three parameters, then I have to enter
>> them manually. Is there any way to load those metadata, or what format
>> should the image have for Hugin recognize those parameters?
>
> I'm not aware of a camera that includes y/p/r information, what
> hardware do you use to generate these values? A pano bot or some
> fancy GPS tracker mounted to the camera using the hot shoe?

More to the point, how is this information encoded into the EXIF data?
I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the standard.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger gr...@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.

Markku Kolkka

Nov 17, 2016, 8:10:31 AM11/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
17.11.2016, 9.23, Greg 'groggy' Lehey kirjoitti:
> On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 8:13:45 +0100, Carl von Einem wrote:
>> I'm not aware of a camera that includes y/p/r information, what
>> hardware do you use to generate these values? A pano bot or some
>> fancy GPS tracker mounted to the camera using the hot shoe?
>
> More to the point, how is this information encoded into the EXIF data?
> I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the standard.

At least Olympus and Pentax cameras with built-in electronic level write
the pitch/roll information in the "maker notes" part of EXIF data. Yaw
detection would need a built-in compass like in Pentax K-3II and K-1.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Olympus.html#CameraSettings
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Pentax.html#LevelInfo

---
Avast Antivirus on tarkistanut tämän sähköpostin virusten varalta.

Markku Kolkka

Nov 17, 2016, 8:19:10 AM11/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
17.11.2016, 15.10, Markku Kolkka kirjoitti:
> At least Olympus and Pentax cameras with built-in electronic level write
> the pitch/roll information in the "maker notes" part of EXIF data. Yaw
> detection would need a built-in compass like in Pentax K-3II and K-1.
> http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Olympus.html#CameraSettings
> http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Pentax.html#LevelInfo

... and the yaw info should be stored in the GPSImgDirection tag.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/GPS.html

Carl von Einem

Nov 17, 2016, 9:39:32 AM11/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote on 17.11.16 08:23:
> On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 8:13:45 +0100, Carl von Einem wrote:
>> Oswaldo Alejandro Bayona Andrade wrote on 16.11.16 19:51:
>>>
>>> I have images that include Pitch, Yaw, Roll metadata in Exif. When I
>>> load the images in Hugin, the program does not recognize those data, in
>>> the grid it shows zero to those three parameters, then I have to enter
>>> them manually. Is there any way to load those metadata, or what format
>>> should the image have for Hugin recognize those parameters?
>>
>> I'm not aware of a camera that includes y/p/r information, what
>> hardware do you use to generate these values? A pano bot or some
>> fancy GPS tracker mounted to the camera using the hot shoe?
>
> More to the point, how is this information encoded into the EXIF data?
> I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the standard.

Standard? I think all camera manufacturers add their own proprietary
exif tags.

ExifTool comes to the rescue:
<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/config.html>
<http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum/index.php/topic,3870.0/all.html>

GPSImageDirection
GPSPitch
GPSRoll

At some point Geoff Mather provides a link to a tutorial he has written:
<http://360.g8dhe.net/cameraattitude/cameraattitude.htm>
which concludes with...
> Other software likely to make use of GPSImageDirection, GPSPItch & GPSRoll
> To date, April 2012,
> Joost has it on his list for PTGui.
> Thomas has it on his list for Pano2VR.
> Friedmann has it on his list for Geosetter.

T. Modes

Nov 19, 2016, 4:00:55 AM11/19/16
to hugin and other free panoramic software, ca...@einem.net

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2016 15:39:32 UTC+1 schrieb zarl:
ExifTool comes to the rescue:
Sorry, but this is not the solution.

GPSImageDirection
GPSPitch
GPSRoll

GPSPitch and GPSRoll are specific to Exiftool. Only exiftool can read and write them.
Also you need to add them special to your exiftool config file, to be able to use them.
The plain exiftool does also not handle them.

Oswaldo Alejandro Bayona Andrade

Nov 25, 2016, 6:24:43 PM11/25/16
to hugin and other free panoramic software, ca...@einem.net
Thanks a lot, it works