ACTION REQUIRED

Yuval Levy

Nov 11, 2015, 6:18:08 PM11/11/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hugin community,

Below is a message I just found in my mailbox. Before you continue to
read, I suggest that you watch the youtube video sent with the message
and make up your own mind. The link: <https://youtu.be/EYa21pinHJo>

Give your feedback directly to Sourceforge -- contact details such as
email and phone number are below.

IMPORTANT: if SourceForge does not receive feedback within a week, this
video will be on Hugin's project summary pages.

My own opinion withheld.

Yuv

Nov 11, 2015, 6:43:05 PM11/11/15
to edan...@slashdotmedia.com, hugi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Elisabeth,

Although I understand that sourceforge has gone through some effort to
produce that video, it clearly shows that the creator of that video
does not understand the basics of Hugin.

Taking three pictures-of-dogs and making that into a "panorama" is the
first clear hint.

The second example is that she sets the JPG output quality to 100%.

(JPEG compression at 95% is indistinguisable from 100%, and 100% only
causes an unreasonable increase in size. If you want to prevent
possible quality loss by using 100%, then you should not chose for a
lossy compression like jpeg which will still lose quality at
100%. Choose tiff in that case.)

Roger Wolff.

----- Forwarded message from Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:17:58 -0500
From: Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch>
To: hugi...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [hugin-ptx] ACTION REQUIRED
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

----- End forwarded message -----

--
+-- Rogier Wolff -- www.harddisk-recovery.nl -- 0800 220 20 20 --
- Datarecovery Services Nederland B.V. Delft. KVK: 30160549 -
| Files foetsie, bestanden kwijt, alle data weg?!
| Blijf kalm en neem contact op met Harddisk-recovery.nl!

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Nov 11, 2015, 8:14:27 PM11/11/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, edan...@slashdotmedia.com
On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 0:43:00 +0100, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Hi Elisabeth,
>
> Although I understand that sourceforge has gone through some effort
> to produce that video, it clearly shows that the creator of that
> video does not understand the basics of Hugin.

Indeed. It's a nice gesture to create a video, but you could have
saved yourself a lot of time by informing us first, so that we could
point you to the tutorials.

Still, the idea of a video is good. Would somebody like to help put
together a real-life use of Hugin?

Regarding putting this example up on the web site: please, no.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger gr...@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.

Frederic Da Vitoria

Nov 12, 2015, 5:20:45 AM11/12/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic! SourceForge should sell their previews to great companies
like Microsoft or Adobe, I'm sure they would be enthusiastic :-P

Seriously, I don't think anybody who sees this Hugin preview will even
want to download Hugin itself. Or is she/he does, it will certainly be
for the wrong reasons

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)