Precondition violation! image sizes not consistent

Rich MacDonald

Aug 14, 2015, 7:55:55 PM8/14/15
I do a lot of panoramas with multi-row and multi-exposure. I usually put all the images into a single file with good results, but when the enblend "excessive overlap" hits, I cannot figure out how to recover.

Recently I switched to a more manual approach: I first build the stacks individually and create intermediate files, then I use the intermediate files to build the multi-row panorama. This usually works very well, but I sometimes run into the following:

Precondition violation!
RemappedPanoImage<RemapImage,AlphaImage>:remapImage():image sizes not consistent

The intermediate images ARE different sizes, because I do not use "pure stack" combinations. Rather, I am using hugin to align the stacks, which produces slightly different file sizes.

Any suggestions for dealing with this?

Terry Duell

Aug 14, 2015, 8:34:31 PM8/14/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rich,
If I understand your process correctly, you are using hugin to create and
save a set of exposure fused images which you then load into hugin as new
project, and stitch.
Does hugin automatically detect the fov of each of the exposure fused
images and set a new lens for each?

As an aside, what version of hugin?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Terry Duell

Aug 14, 2015, 9:07:09 PM8/14/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rich,

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:55:55 +1000, Rich MacDonald
<macdona...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do a lot of panoramas with multi-row and multi-exposure. I usually put
> all the images into a single file with good results, but when the enblend
> "excessive overlap" hits, I cannot figure out how to recover.

[snip]

> Any suggestions for dealing with this?

What I should have asked, is can you attach your .pto files for both the
first case ("excessive overlap") and for the second case ("image sizes not
consistent")? We don't need a copy of all the images, just the .pto files.
A look at those project files may allow us to see what is going wrong in
each case.

Rich MacDonald

Aug 15, 2015, 12:33:23 PM8/15/15
>If I understand your process correctly, you are using hugin to create and
save a set of exposure fused images which you then load into hugin as new
project, and stitch.

Yes.

>Does hugin automatically detect the fov of each of the exposure fused
images ...

It fails to detect the fovs, but makes good assumptions. During import it raises the "camera and lens data" dialog one or more times. (I believe once for every different sized image it finds.) I just click cancel, and it continues.

Note: I have the "Copy metadata into final files using ExifTool" flag set to true.

>...and set a new lens for each?

It sets a new lens for each group of files with the same size.

>As an aside, what version of hugin?

Latest rc:  2015.0.0.cdefc6e53a58

>A look at those project files may allow us to see what is going wrong in
each case.

Thanks. I believe I have solved the problem: The error was caused by setting two fused images of different sizes to the same lens. Hugin did a fine job selecting the lenses, but I had overridden that during optimization.