Hugin GUI missing after upgrade from 2016.2.0 on gentoo

mate....@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2017, 12:55:40 PM8/27/17
After upgrade, the executable file /usr/bin/hugin is missing.
What could be the problem?
tried both hugin-2017.0 and hugin-9999 ebuilds.

mate....@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2017, 12:55:40 PM8/27/17
Hi everyone,

After upgrade, the /usr/bin/hugin executable is missing.
I tried both the hugin-2017.0 and the hugin-9999 ebuilds without success.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Aug 27, 2017, 7:35:10 PM8/27/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 8:44:13 -0700, mate....@gmail.com wrote:
> After upgrade, the executable file /usr/bin/hugin is missing.
> What could be the problem?

At the very least, lack of detail. Platform? How did you "upgrade"?
Compile it yourself or install a package?

> tried both hugin-2017.0 and hugin-9999 ebuilds.

This doesn't say anything to me, at any rate.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog@lemis..com for PGP public key.

SuperMaz

Sep 6, 2017, 8:43:39 AM9/6/17

I was facing the same problem. My problem was that I hat installed wxGTK both version 2.8 and 3.0. Hugin requires version 3 but cmake detected version 2.8. I just unmerged version 2.8 as I don't need it anymore.

Best regards,

Matthias

T. Modes

Sep 6, 2017, 12:22:46 PM9/6/17

Am Mittwoch, 6. September 2017 14:43:39 UTC+2 schrieb SuperMaz:
I was facing the same problem. My problem was that I hat installed wxGTK both version 2.8 and 3.0. Hugin requires version 3 but cmake detected version 2.8. I just unmerged version 2.8 as I don't need it anymore.

Thanks for the diagnose. I removed the option to build without wxWidgets only the non-GUI tools. (There are now also some more CLI tools which depends on wxWidgets.) Now wxWidgets 3.x is always required to build Hugin. Otherwise CMake should exit with an error.