Using Hugin HSI to register image stored as aPython numpy array

Giacomo Marchioro

Jun 15, 2017, 4:18:53 AM6/15/17
I was looking for a package to register numpy array (create a stack of almost overlapping images stored as array)  in Python but I could not find any that allowed me to use control points. I tried to use Hugin HSI to load a numpy array with something like this:

from HSI import *
= Panorama()
.addImage(np.array(np.arange(9).reshape(3,3)))

Is anyone aware of the feasibility of this idea?

I think Hugin could be much more powerful compared to Matlab imregister, and it would be nice to offer a free alternative.

Thanks for your help,
Giacomo

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jun 15, 2017, 6:33:46 AM6/15/17
Which operating system are you using?

It is quite likely that your Hugin build doesn't contain the HSI,
a few days ago it looked like nobody used it, so it is now disabled by default for new builds.

Niklas

T. Modes

Jun 15, 2017, 12:21:32 PM6/15/17

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juni 2017 10:18:53 UTC+2 schrieb Giacomo Marchioro:
I was looking for a package to register numpy array (create a stack of almost overlapping images stored as array)  in Python but I could not find any that allowed me to use control points. I tried to use Hugin HSI to load a numpy array with something like this:

from HSI import *
= Panorama()
.addImage(np.array(np.arange(9).reshape(3,3)))

This does not work. The panorama class stores only a HuginBase::SrcPanoImage, which stores only the information about this image, but not the image data itself. The image data are only loaded by some algorithm which needs them, but not in the general Panorama class.

Giacomo Marchioro

Jun 22, 2017, 9:35:58 AM6/22/17
I am using Ubuntu 16 but I could also use windows 10.