Re: [hugin-ptx] Crash v2014 on OSX

AKS-Gmail-IMAP

Nov 17, 2015, 10:49:39 PM11/17/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hugin in OS X cannot start up when its Interface setting is “Simple". When using a fresh build the Interface setting is “Simple" by default. You need to dismiss the Alert message by pressing the Cancel. Then set the Hugin Interface setting at the top menu bar to Advanced. Close out Hugin and restart it. You can use the Simple interface but always remember to set it back to Advanced before closing out Hugin.

The error message comes up right before the Hugin main (traditional) window should open after the Fast Panorama preview window opens up. The Fast Panorama preview window always opens before the main window in a normal startup when the Fast Panorama preview was left in the open state. The Simple interface hides the main window. The Assistant was rolled into the Fast Panorama preview window to become the Simple interface, which even changes the Fast Panorama preview’s window name to be that of the Hugin main window. The tricks to accomplish that bit of interface change on the fly work but apparently not from the startup standstill.

On Nov 15, 2015, at 10:43 AM, vince...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I've tried Hugin by the past on Yosemite and no problem.
I tried on El Capitan and at launch i've got an error message (see attached file).
I dl files from sourceforge, v2014.0.0
What's the problem ?

Regards.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

AKS-Gmail-IMAP

Nov 17, 2015, 10:58:38 PM11/17/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Also, the Abandoner button is the Cancel button that you should press before changing the Interface setting. Perhaps the French localization for Hugin refers to the interface settings in the main menu using different words. Maybe someone with a French localization can clarify what I posted regarding Interface and Advanced.

Frederic Da Vitoria

Nov 18, 2015, 4:10:43 AM11/18/15
to hugin-ptx
Also, the Abandoner button is the Cancel button that you should press before changing the Interface setting. Perhaps the French localization for Hugin refers to the interface settings in the main menu using different words. Maybe someone with a French localization can clarify what I posted regarding Interface and Advanced.

Pretty close: Advanced translates to "Avancé" in French, but I suppose vince had found that already :-)

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)