Hugin 2015.0 released

T. Modes

Aug 8, 2015, 4:56:26 AM8/8/15
Hi all,

after release candidate 3 we are releasing today Hugin 2015.0

The source tarball can be downloaded at launchpad
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2015.0/hugin-2015.0.0.tar.bz2/download
or
https://launchpad.net/hugin/2015.0/2015.0.0/+download/hugin-2015.0.0.tar.bz2
(upload at sourceforge is still down, so currently the source tarball can only be downloaded from launchpad or use the mercurial repository)

Verify its checksums
MD5 fda7d06f296d3d8ded5b03b0062642cd  hugin-2015.0.0.tar.bz2
SHA1 be7153a0791f2147153e93e8711912ef23b60b61  hugin-2015.0.0.tar.bz2

The release is identical to release candidate 3.
The source release is identical to changeset cdefc6e53a58in our repository, which is also tagged as 2015.0.0

The release notes are here http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/en.shtml
They are already translated to French and German:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/fr.shtml
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/de.shtml

EXECUTABLES
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. They will be announced in this thread.

CHANGES SINCE 2014.0.0
* Hugin 2015.0 has a number of new features. Most of the changes are under the hood to improve stability, allow easier maintenance and easier addition of new features.
* The makefile based stitching engine has been replaced with direct calls to the underlying programs. This should reduce the overhead of calling the same program too often and so speed up the whole process. Hopefully this also allows the usage of more unusual characters in the filename. Instead of pto2mk and make we now have hugin_executor which can also be used for running the assistant from the command line.
* Hugin now has it's own blender, verdandi, based on a watershed algorithm, which has been included in 'nona'.  verdandi can be chosen as the blender by choosing "builtin" in the stitcher tab, and can also be set in  the Preferences. verdandi can also be called as a command line tool.
* The lensfun library has been removed as it did not fulfill our expectations. It has been replaced with our own camera and lens database which uses a data mining approach and operates automatically without user intervention. Geometric distortion and vignetting data have to be loaded manually.
* The fast preview window has a new tool to add or remove control points to selected areas in the output projection.
* Automatic exposure stack detection is now applied when loading images, and an option has been added to unlink image position when adding stacks.
* The fine-tune and auto-estimate functions in the control point tab have been made projection aware. It should now work also with images with different fov or different projections. The fine-tune feature has had a significant speed up when Hugin is compiled with the libfftw3 library (optional).
* PTBatcherGUI has more choice for the end of the process: depending on the operating system the PTBatcherGUI can be closed, the computer can be shut down or send to the hibernate mode.
* PTBatcherGUI now shows the thumbnails when searching for images in directories.
* Many of the underlying tools in hugin are now able to use available cpu cores.

New tools added:
** verdandi: tool for image blending
** hugin_executor: stitching and run assistant from command line
** hugin_lensdb: tools for lens database maintenance

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 8, 2015, 6:37:49 AM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

How did you create the final tar.bz? It still mentions the hg build stamp like 2015.0.0.<hg stamp>. The final build should only be 2015.0.0
I now manually removed it from hugin_version.h after configuration

Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Andreas Metzler

Aug 8, 2015, 8:04:15 AM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de> wrote:
> after release candidate 3 we are releasing today Hugin 2015.0
[...]

Hello,

FYI it is going to take some time for Debian to upgrade from rc3 to the
release since we are currently in the middle of the gcc5 transition.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 8, 2015, 9:13:13 AM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Windows binaries for the final Hugin 2015.0.0 release are now available.

These are 64bit Windows versions only.
The python versions require a pre-installed python 3.4.

Note that these builds will not run on Windows XP 64bit (and neither on 32bits windows versions of course).

64bit installer:

64bit installer with python support:

64bit 7z file (simply un7zip to some location and use from there):

64bit 7z file with python support  (simply un7zip to some location and use from there):

I have currently no intentions to build 32bit versions.
(7zip instead of zip as it gives a 23 MB file versus a 33 MB zip)

Note also that the default download link for (windows) Hugin on sourceforge has now been set to the HuginSetup_2015.0.0_64bit.exe file.
I will adapt the download page asap.

Hoi,
Harry

T. Modes

Aug 8, 2015, 10:18:43 AM8/8/15
Hi Harry,

Am Samstag, 8. August 2015 12:37:49 UTC+2 schrieb Harry van der Wolf:
How did you create the final tar.bz? It still mentions the hg build stamp like 2015.0.0.<hg stamp>. The final build should only be 2015.0.0
I now manually removed it from hugin_version.h after configuration

all last releases were tagged with the revision number, e.g. official 2014.0 windows binaries reports as "2014.0.0.5da69bc383dd built by Matthew Petroff"
And in CMakeList.txt we have
# version to display
IF (HUGIN_DEVELOPMENT_VERSION EQUAL 1)
  set(DISPLAY_VERSION "Pre-Release ${V_MAJOR}.${V_MINOR}.${V_PATCH}.${HUGIN_WC_REVISION}")
ELSE (HUGIN_DEVELOPMENT_VERSION EQUAL 1)
  set(DISPLAY_VERSION "${V_MAJOR}.${V_MINOR}.${V_PATCH}.${HUGIN_WC_REVISION}")
ENDIF (HUGIN_DEVELOPMENT_VERSION EQUAL 1)

For this to work we have the rev.txt file.
If you want to change this, we need to adopt also the whole build system (and take development version, beta/rc and release into account).

Thomas

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 8, 2015, 10:30:24 AM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Ok, clear. It's just that we never did this on OSX.
I have now adapted the hugin_version.h and the nsis build files before building  hugin and before creating the executables. "my version" of Hugin really mentions only the 2015.0.0 version stamp, which is also how it isdescribed in the release wiki as release builds are no mercury intermediate builds.
It's not that important but I think it is "cleaner".

Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

T. Modes

Aug 8, 2015, 10:41:43 AM8/8/15
Hi Harry,

Am Samstag, 8. August 2015 16:30:24 UTC+2 schrieb Harry van der Wolf:
"my version" of Hugin really mentions only the 2015.0.0 version stamp, which is also how it isdescribed in the release wiki as release builds are no mercury intermediate builds.
It's not that important but I think it is "cleaner".

Can you give an exact link to the wiki where this is mentioned?
I have not read something similar.

Thomas

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 8, 2015, 1:48:41 PM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

You are absolutely right. Because of how we did it on OS X I was so convinced it was part of the release, that I incorrectly thought it to be part of the wiki, but it's not.
Sorry.

Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Terry Duell

Aug 8, 2015, 9:52:38 PM8/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 18:56:26 +1000, T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after release candidate 3 we are releasing today Hugin 2015.0

Thanks Thomas for all your good work in achieving this release.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Stefan Peter

Aug 16, 2015, 5:35:01 AM8/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

On 08.08.2015 10:56, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after release candidate 3 we are releasing today Hugin 2015.0

Hi All

Please find packages of hugin 2015.0.0 for Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and
15.04 (Vivid) and 15.10 in the Hugin PPA Packagers "latest Hugin Build" at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds

As always these packages are based on the Debian PhotoTools Maintainers
work, namely Andreas Metzler: Thank you guys!

As with every Hugin update, it is recommended to reload the preferences
(File -> Preferences) in every tab of the Preferences dialog.

Installation instructions:

If you already have this PPA in your packet sources, no additional
changes are required, you will get the latest hugin package with your
next update run (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade).

Otherwise, please proceed as fallows:

Open a terminal window and issue the following command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/hugin-builds

The title of the PPA and the key used to sign it will be displayed. You
will have to confirm the inclusion of this PPA to the package sources of
you system by pressing enter.

Afterward, you can update you system using the commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

or whatever other method you prefer to update your system.

The same is explained at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds/
when you click 'Read about installing' under the title "Adding this PPA
to your system"

Please send bug reports to this list or use
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+filebug
to report a bug.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Cheers

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced.
~ Gregory Benford

ecs...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2015, 6:20:05 PM8/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to see a long standing problem get fixed but it's still there.  Please see the attached screen shot.  The number boxes for "displayed images" is not just a cosmetic issue, it's also an operational issue if the number of images exceeds 30.

--
Kim Cheung

Stan Green

Aug 16, 2015, 7:09:51 PM8/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Are you guys going to build a Mac OS 10 version or did I miss the Mac compatible release?
Stan
On Aug 16, 2015, at 6:19 PM, ecs...@gmail.com wrote:

I was hoping to see a long standing problem get fixed but it's still there.  Please see the attached screen shot.  The number boxes for "displayed images" is not just a cosmetic issue, it's also an operational issue if the number of images exceeds 30.

<bicajbah.png>
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

ecs...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2015, 12:22:14 AM8/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I am getting stuck on "The assistant did not complete successfully. Please check the
resulting project file."

When I do a search on the web, there are others getting this message.  What does it mean?  Check what?

Please provide some guide line as to what is expected us to do?

Thanks,

Terry Duell

Aug 18, 2015, 12:43:55 AM8/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:22:09 +1000, ecs...@gmail.com <ecs...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I haven't seen this message, but "check your resulting project file" would
mean you should check the .pto file that would have been written in your
project folder or directory.
It will have a name like xxxx-yyyy.pto where xxxx and yyyy are the
first-last image files in the project.
The .pto is a text file and hence can be opened in any text editor.
If this does not help find the cause of your problem, could you attach a
copy of the .pto from a project that gives this message?

David Haberthür

Aug 18, 2015, 5:17:29 PM8/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Stan.

> On 17 Aug 2015, at 01:09, Stan Green <gree...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Are you guys going to build a Mac OS 10 version or did I miss the Mac compatible release?

Hugin releases are always built by volunteers of the community.
Up to now this was Mathieu Desile for OS X, he has not (yet) provided an up-to-date build.

A not-so-up-to-date how-to for building hugin on OS X can be found on http://wiki.panotools.org/Build_a_MacOSX_Universal_Hugin_bundle_with_Xcode or http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_OSX
I cannot provide a binary, since I’m using Homebrew [1] instead of MacPorts or Fink and have not succeeded yet.

Greetings,
Habi

[1]: http://brew.sh
signature.asc

Stan Green

Aug 18, 2015, 6:05:04 PM8/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Habi,
Thank you for the update. I will be anxiously waiting for the new Mac build. The old one would not work on Yosemite.
Thank you,
Stan
> --
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---

David Haberthür

Sep 6, 2015, 4:32:35 PM9/6/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Stan.
I’m using “2014.0.0 built by Matthieu DESILE” on my Mac with Yosemite (10.10.5 (14F27)) without too many problems.
What’s the problem you’re facing?
Habi
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/4EC440D1-8E07-4F6B-81E4-AB0D6B3AA3D4%40verizon.net.
signature.asc

Stan's Web Mail

Sep 6, 2015, 5:53:00 PM9/6/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Habi,
I was unable to get Hugin merge. It has been several months since I last tried it so I am a little foggy about the specifics. But Terri was trying to help me, to no avail.

Sent from my iPad