stitching with .executor fails with error 2

Carl von Einem

May 25, 2017, 6:24:30 AM5/25/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I tried an executor file of the latest Hugin beta ("Equi and cubic", the unaltered normal_enblend_cubic.executor file) on OS X 10.11, triggered both via dialog and direct menu selection (I think there is no difference as to how it work, just trying out).

HuginStitchProject takes the job which later fails with an "error 2" during the enblend process.

The same project stitches quite nicely when manually asking PTBatcherGUI to do the job.

Both log file are attached.

Is it possible to make an executor script hand over jobs to the PTBatcher queue instead of using HuginStitchProject?

How (where) can I alter an executor file to write a more verbose log? Is there a basic instruction somewhere about this kind of scripting?

Regards,
Carl

hugin-log-files.zip

T. Modes

May 25, 2017, 10:41:33 AM5/25/17
Hi Carl,

Am Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017 12:24:30 UTC+2 schrieb zarl:
HuginStitchProject takes the job which later fails with an "error 2" during the enblend process.
This is an indication that enblend is not in the PATH. I committed a patch which should also look in the bundle for programs in the executor files.

The same project stitches quite nicely when manually asking PTBatcherGUI to do the job.
These two ways are more or less in-depend on each other. The normal way uses other code than the user-defined sequence.

Is it possible to make an executor script hand over jobs to the PTBatcher queue instead of using HuginStitchProject?
No. This currently not possible and would require some more and deeper changes to PTBatcherGUI. This is not high on my list.

How (where) can I alter an executor file to write a more verbose log? Is there a basic instruction somewhere about this kind of scripting?
The file format the executor file is described in doc/executor_file_format.txt. And there are examples installed in share/hugin/data (or src/hugin1/executor in the repository). Some of them duplicate functions already accessible from the stitcher tab (like normal_enblend, fused_layers, blended_stacks and hdr_pano). Other provide output for other use cases not covered by the stitcher tab (like zero_noise, normal_layered_tiff and normal_enblend_cubic)

Thomas

PS: The user defined output sequences are supported by Hugin, hugin_stitch_project and hugin_executor. During development of such sequences and would recommend to use hugin_executor for testing, it print the errors to the console. Or when using Hugin or hugin_stitch_project run them from the console to get the same errors also to the console. There is currently no GUI for the error messages.

Carl von Einem

May 26, 2017, 5:51:23 AM5/26/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,
I downloaded
https://sourceforge.net/p/hugin/hugin/ci/default/tree/doc/executor_file_format.txt
and will try again following your recommendations.

> PS: The user defined output sequences are supported by Hugin,
> hugin_stitch_project and hugin_executor. During development of such
> sequences and would recommend to use hugin_executor for testing, it
> print the errors to the console. Or when using Hugin or
> hugin_stitch_project run them from the console to get the same errors
> also to the console. There is currently no GUI for the error messages.

Thanks!

Carl