Hugin as a video stabilizer... one small issue I am running into...

Evert Vorster

Jun 19, 2016, 5:53:51 PM6/19/16
I am using Hugin to stabilize a video clip, using modifications to some instructions I found online....

Overall this works great, but I am running into an issue.

It seems that masks does not work for large amounts of pictures.

The video clip that I want to stabilize was recorded from a ship, looking out over the ocean. The ship was moving around a bit due to wave action.
Hugin allows me to mask out the superstructure before applying control points, which is awesome.
The final output from Hugin is then remapped images, no exposure correction and low dynamic range, which I can then pick up with other tools.

If I stick a hundred or so images in, this works fine. When I try 2000 images, the program just hangs after the mask polygon is drawn.

Where can I submit a proper bug report?

Kind regards,
Evert

Abrimaal

Sep 2, 2016, 7:10:10 PM9/2/16
Could you attach a link to the modifications? I use YouTube for stabilizing videos what is not the best choice :) - loss of quality and download problems.