Lens database being corrupted?

Terry Duell

Mar 25, 2015, 9:20:34 PM3/25/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I am suddenly seeing different behaviour when I try to load lens data,
only just noticed in a Fedora 21 build of current source
(6879:dc59850e815e).
When I select "Load lens from database" the dialog box is presented with a
blank for the lens name, see attached image "Load Lens from
database_001.jpg". The behaviour I have seen in the past is for the lens
name to be displayed.
If I open the lens name menu the first entry is "49", followed by a list
of lenses. The lens name which is applicable, and included in the exif
data, is the last in the list. See attached image "Load Lens from
database_002.jpg".
My ~/.hugindata/camlens.db file says it was last modified Mon 23 Mar 2015,
although not clear to me how as I haven't added any new lens data for
months.
Unfortunately my backup is now a copy of the same corrupted file...if that
is the nature of the problem.
I assume that I can work around this by selecting the lens in the menu,
but it would be nice to have working properly.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell
Load lens from database_001.jpg
Load lens from database_002.jpg

Terry Duell

Mar 27, 2015, 7:58:41 PM3/27/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Greatcoats off! Problem solved, see below.

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:20:14 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am suddenly seeing different behaviour when I try to load lens data,
> only just noticed in a Fedora 21 build of current source
> (6879:dc59850e815e).
> When I select "Load lens from database" the dialog box is presented with
> a blank for the lens name, see attached image "Load Lens from
> database_001.jpg". The behaviour I have seen in the past is for the lens
> name to be displayed.

The problem is due to my exiv2 being updated, and the update doesn't
include my lens.
Some time back I had to manually add my lens to exiv2 and locally build. I
provided my lens data to the exiv2 project but there hasn't been another
release since. The recent update includes a security patch from Fedora,
but built from the source that doesn't include my lens.
Another local build has solved the problem...now just have to keep any
eagle eye on updates to be sure I don't get caught again.

boomslang

Mar 29, 2015, 6:37:57 PM3/29/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have two photos made with my mobile phone taken from the same postition. The second image was zoomed in (I guess digitally).

When importing the images, Hugin uses the same FOV for both photos. Hugin finds control points, but aligning doesnt work because the second image has a smaller FOV.

My question: is it possible to optimize the FOV of the second image while keeping the FOV of the first image constant (say 70 degs)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

gr boomslang

boomslang

Mar 29, 2015, 7:02:12 PM3/29/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I found the solution: under tab 'Optimiser' choose 'unlink'.

gr boomslang

Subject: [hugin-ptx] Mobile phones and zoomed in photos
To: hugi...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, 29 March, 2015, 23:37
--
A list of
frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

Terry Duell

Mar 29, 2015, 8:31:43 PM3/29/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:02:08 +1100, 'boomslang' via hugin and other free
panoramic software <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I found the solution: under tab 'Optimiser' choose 'unlink'.

An alternate is to set a new lens for second image, in photos tab, select
image, right mouse to get context menu, select Lens-> New lens.