pto_gen on Debian

Emiliano Burgos

Apr 15, 2015, 11:16:06 AM4/15/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello list,
I'm trying to use hugin on a raspberry pi. Installed hugin and found out that the pto_gen is missing.

It seems I have three options:

Right now, building from source right now is not an option as I need to use the box and compiling would take a long time.

The wiki article also provides a binary package for ARM, which I tried to use but I did not manage to make it work. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to use the provided files? I keep getting the following error:
pto_gen: error while loading shared libraries: libhuginbase.so.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I also saw a reference to the match-n-shift tool in the Panotools:Script perl module, how would you use match-n-shift instead of pto_gen?

Thank you!

Gerhard Killesreiter

Apr 15, 2015, 11:26:50 AM4/15/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Terry Duell

Apr 15, 2015, 6:45:16 PM4/15/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Emiliano,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 00:49:12 +1000, Emiliano Burgos <burg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello list,
> I'm trying to use hugin on a raspberry pi. Installed hugin and found out
> that the pto_gen is missing.

[snip]

>> pto_gen: error while loading shared libraries: libhuginbase.so.0.0:
>> cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> I also saw a reference
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/hugin-ptx/pto_gen$20missing/hugin-ptx/D9XzqchEoE0/HKIKxtYJicQJ>
> to the match-n-shift tool in the Panotools:Script perl module, how would
> you use match-n-shift instead of pto_gen?

You would use it from the command line or in a script.
If you have installed the Panotools::Script tools you can get help on how
to use it by simply entering 'match-n-shift' at the command prompt.
Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Andreas Metzler

Apr 16, 2015, 1:35:12 PM4/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Emiliano Burgos <burg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use hugin on a raspberry pi. Installed hugin and found out
> that the pto_gen is missing.
[...]

Hello,
It is shipped as part of all Debian hugin packages that are based on
new enough hugin version to actually include it. You'll find it in
hugin-tools for Debian unstable, testing (soon to be next stable
release) and stable-backports.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'

Emiliano Burgos

Apr 17, 2015, 7:27:01 PM4/17/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, amet...@bebt.de
I ended up using the perl scripts, and using match-n-shift was pretty straight forward. For what I needed was pretty much a one to one mapping.

I am using a raspberry pi to capture multiple images and making a panorama from those images. The camera module is mounted on a servo motor, there is a web interface from which you can trigger a command that will position the servo at different angles and take a snapshot. After the sequence is done the images are stitched into a panorama and uploaded to the web UI.
It's a proof of concept, and the resulting images are exceptionally good. However, the raspberry pi lacks stamina and making the pano takes up to 5 minutes. For the concrete use case 5 min is too much latency, so next I will try a nuc instead of the pi.