2015.0 rc3 release

T. Modes

Jul 26, 2015, 3:23:45 AM7/26/15
Hi all,

Today we are releasing release candidate 3 of Hugin 2015.0

The new source tarball can be downloaded at launchpad
https://launchpad.net/hugin/2015.0/2015.0rc3/+download/hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2
(upload at sourceforge is still down, so currently the source tarball can only be downloaded from launchpad or use the mercurial repository)

Verify its checksums
MD5
fda7d06f296d3d8ded5b03b0062642cd  hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2
SHA1
be7153a0791f2147153e93e8711912ef23b60b61  hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2

Rc3 is identical to changeset cdefc6e53a58in our repository, which is also tagged as 2015.0rc3

Changes since rc2
* Fixed executor for big projects (only for compilation with wxWidgets 2.8.x needed, wxWidgets 3.x is not affect by this bug.)
* Updated Catalan translation

The release notes are here http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/en.shtml
They are already translated to French and German:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/fr.shtml
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2015.0.0/de.shtml

EXECUTABLES
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. They will be announced in this thread.

CHANGES SINCE 2014.0.0
* Hugin 2015.0 has a number of new features. Most of the changes are under the hood to improve stability, allow easier maintenance and easier addition of new features.
* The makefile based stitching engine has been replaced with direct calls to the underlying programs. This should reduce the overhead of calling the same program too often and so speed up the whole process. Hopefully this also allows the usage of more unusual characters in the filename. Instead of pto2mk and make we now have hugin_executor which can also be used for running the assistant from the command line.
* Hugin now has it's own blender, verdandi, based on a watershed algorithm, which has been included in 'nona'.  verdandi can be chosen as the blender by choosing "builtin" in the stitcher tab, and can also be set in  the Preferences. verdandi can also be called as a command line tool.
* The lensfun library has been removed as it did not fulfill our expectations. It has been replaced with our own camera and lens database which uses a data mining approach and operates automatically without user intervention. Geometric distortion and vignetting data have to be loaded manually.
* The fast preview window has a new tool to add or remove control points to selected areas in the output projection.
* Automatic exposure stack detection is now applied when loading images, and an option has been added to unlink image position when adding stacks.
* The fine-tune and auto-estimate functions in the control point tab have been made projection aware. It should now work also with images with different fov or different projections. The fine-tune feature has had a significant speed up when Hugin is compiled with the libfftw3 library (optional).
* PTBatcherGUI has more choice for the end of the process: depending on the operating system the PTBatcherGUI can be closed, the computer can be shut down or send to the hibernate mode.
* PTBatcherGUI now shows the thumbnails when searching for images in directories.
* Many of the underlying tools in hugin are now able to use available cpu cores.

New tools added:
** verdandi: tool for image blending
** hugin_executor: stitching and run assistant from command line
** hugin_lensdb: tools for lens database maintenance

Harry van der Wolf

Jul 26, 2015, 4:12:42 AM7/26/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently on holiday with only my small chromebook. I will build the windows binaries next Saturday.

Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Bruno Postle

Jul 26, 2015, 6:10:25 AM7/26/15

Stefan Peter

Jul 26, 2015, 10:53:39 AM7/26/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

On 26.07.2015 09:23, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today we are releasing release candidate 3 of Hugin 2015.0

Please find packages of hugin 2015.0 rc3 for Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty),
15.04 (Vivid) and 15.10 (Wily) in the Hugin PPA
Packagers "next Hugin Build" at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/next/+packages

Unfortunately, builds for 14.10 (Utopic) are nor available because
Utopic is obsolete and launchpad will not accept new uploads for it.

As always these packages are based on the Debian PhotoTools Maintainers
work, namely Andreas Metzler: Thank you guys!

Installation instructions:
Open a terminal window and issue the following command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/next

The title of the PPA and the key used to sign it will be displayed. You
will have to confirm the inclusion of this PPA to the package sources of
you system by pressing enter.

Afterward, you can update you system using the commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

or whatever other method you prefer to update your system.

The same is explained at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/next/
when you click 'Read about installing' under the title "Adding this PPA
to your system"

As a side note, I recommend to add the "latest Hugin builds" PPA at the
same time because there you will eventually get the final release. The
command for this PPA is:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/hugin-builds

If you run into a show stopper and need to go back to your old hugin
version, issue these commands in a terminal window:

sudo apt-get purge hugin
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:hugin/next
sudo apt-get install hugin

Please send bug reports to this list or use
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+filebug
to report a bug.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Cheers

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced.
~ Gregory Benford

T. Modes

Aug 1, 2015, 3:26:59 AM8/1/15
Hi all,

Am Sonntag, 26. Juli 2015 09:23:45 UTC+2 schrieb T. Modes:
Today we are releasing release candidate 3 of Hugin 2015.0

The new source tarball can be downloaded at launchpad
https://launchpad.net/hugin/2015.0/2015.0rc3/+download/hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2
(upload at sourceforge is still down, so currently the source tarball can only be downloaded from launchpad or use the mercurial repository)

Verify its checksums
MD5
fda7d06f296d3d8ded5b03b0062642cd  hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2
SHA1
be7153a0791f2147153e93e8711912ef23b60b61  hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2

the source tarball can now also be downloaded from sourceforge (upload is now working again):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2015.0/hugin-2015.0.0_rc3.tar.bz2/download

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 1, 2015, 1:38:03 PM8/1/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Windows binaries for the Hugin 2015.0.0 RC3 version are now available.

These are 64bit Windows versions only.
The python versions require a pre-installed python 3.4.

Note that these builds will not run on Windows XP 64bit (and neither on 32bits windows versions of course).

64bit installer:

64bit installer with python support:

64bit 7z file (simply un7zip to some location and use from there):

64bit 7z file with python support  (simply un7zip to some location and use from there):

I have currently no intentions to build 32bit versions.
(7zip instead of zip as it gives a 23 MB file versus a 33 MB zip)

Please test and give your feedback via this mailing list and this mail thread.

Hoi,
Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

J. Schneider

Aug 2, 2015, 11:07:04 AM8/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks a lot for the Windows build.
I am missing where the new feature

* The fast preview window has a new tool to add or remove control points to selected areas in the output projection.
is to be found. Is it contained in this build? It is something I have been waiting for eagerly! (In my hand-held panoramas there is always foreground that doesn't match. And the control points in clouds that celeste misses would also be deleted much quicker this way.)

Apart from this everything works properly as usual.

Best regards
Joachim

Am 01.08.2015 um 19:37 schrieb Harry van der Wolf:
Windows binaries for the Hugin 2015.0.0 RC3 version are now available.

Hoi,
Harry

J. Schneider

Aug 2, 2015, 11:39:20 AM8/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for posting too fast - I don't know what has gone wrong at first, but now the tool is obviously there - I am delighted!
May I use this place for a request for a small improvement? Keep the "show control points" checkbox status persistent. Every time I switch back to the preview tab I have to check it again.

Best regards
Joachim